file Lilith's Blessing : Propositions for a new text

02 Jun 2013 19:15 #49398 by Pascal Bertrand
Send me what you think it should be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2013 04:51 #49399 by direwolf
Pascal, if I could offer a suggestion:

Take a look at Google Drive.

You could create a form, and post a link to the form here.

FOR EXAMPLE

All the data will be saved as a spreadsheet.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
03 Jun 2013 05:37 #49400 by Ashur

Sure.

Remove master-dependency as much as you can.

Here are a couple of my ideas:
Switch from "master phase action" to "discard phase action".
Switch from 1 MPA to "during your untap phase"

I´m confused. Is this an answer to "Can we have some guidance on what specifically should be fixed? I assume it's the backdoor pool growth." ?

I don´t really understand - isn´t the main problem people have with LB that it´s too strong? ("You get free vamps!" etc)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 Jun 2013 06:49 - 03 Jun 2013 14:53 #49401 by Boris The Blade
What I get from Pascal's post (and from his earlier idea on trifle MPAs) is that the main requirement is to break the Villein/Lilith combo.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2013 14:53 by Boris The Blade.

More
03 Jun 2013 07:18 #49402 by direwolf

Sure.

Remove master-dependency as much as you can.

Here are a couple of my ideas:
Switch from "master phase action" to "discard phase action".
Switch from 1 MPA to "during your untap phase"

I´m confused. Is this an answer to "Can we have some guidance on what specifically should be fixed? I assume it's the backdoor pool growth." ?

I don´t really understand - isn´t the main problem people have with LB that it´s too strong? ("You get free vamps!" etc)

I agree. I spent too much time thinking about this, and I am under the conclusion that what Pascal posted in that example is a theoretical example of the problem with Lilith's Blessing and some solutions to the theoretical problem.

I have a feeling that he does not want to say what he thinks is the problem with Lilith's Blessing, and instead wants us to make suggestions based on what WE think is the problem with the card.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
03 Jun 2013 14:25 #49407 by ReverendRevolver
2 thoughts:

1. I think the main issue is that villein was built to makexlarge caps playable, and liliths was designed to be a difficult to pull off way to fetch a skill card and gain some blood. Im pretty sure the reqson 3 blood is gained isxto offset having to be empty to use it. The problem is the interaction of the two, and not just a 2 card combo, but how easy it is to break a deck (girls deck mostly) with it. If you build a deck based upon using fatties with dem obf aus aus that have standing +1 bleed, you can use lb and villein to make rudolfo, peslrsephone, googly moogly, lazarus james, william builtmore, etc all usable in one deck and theoretically ave 4 8+ caps out. It makes you hard to oust, and is borderline broken.
But using nana, cybele, and aksynia to play master solitaire and usimg villein and liliths to get all 3 fatties free with no drawback then being nearly unoustable thanks to bloat, recuraion, and aksynia bounce is difderent. I think liliths and tablets needed erratad. Still do. Using those cards to go crazy with masters is making the game about things other than its premise, minion imteraction.
If liliths is returned to mostly being a way to bolt on skill cards by letting you fetch them, i think the problem is solved. If tablets adds the word "minion" between "13" and "cards" i thinks its perfect.
2. Origins is coming. Maybe we should cook up some ideas on lb and hammer them out in some casual games in columbus. Agree on some basics and go from there, then submit data with the card to pascal. Again, just a thought.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds