file What is missing from VtES?

18 Jan 2017 14:24 #80246 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic What is missing from VtES?

I don't think there's a need to change...

You can add any proposed changes here and it will be the motto of many.

Reason to change FS is that it will make the game better. You can argue that it will not be the case, but the argument "it was there from 94" don't look decisive to me.

Many things from 94 are no longer in the game and many new things are added each year (new cards, rule interpretations e t.s.). It's the natural way of the living game.

Actually leaving things as it is, even not as dysfunctional as FS, are just bad for the game - it became repetitive and boring.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2017 14:37 #80247 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic What is missing from VtES?

Actually leaving things as it is, even not as dysfunctional as FS, are just bad for the game - it became repetitive and boring.

I've been playing the game for 15 years, I still don't find it repetitive nor boring.
I see a lot of comments in some threads about removing this or that (S:CE, conditioning etc.) but if you do all those changes, we won't be playing the same game at all. S:CE trumps a lot of bad combat tactics, but that's the way the game is. Players should adapt rather than trying to adapt the game to their playstyle.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, Ezra

More
18 Jan 2017 14:57 - 18 Jan 2017 15:00 #80248 by elotar

I've been playing the game for 15 years, I still don't find it repetitive nor boring.

Your experience is not a universal one. Actually quite the opposite - player numbers are shrinking mostly everywhere. So most players found something in the game boring.

I see a lot of comments in some threads about removing this or that (S:CE, conditioning etc.) but if you do all those changes, we won't be playing the same game at all.

Why you are playing with new cards, new rulings and without banned cards? It's not "the same game at all"!

S:CE trumps a lot of bad combat tactics...

Reread the previous posts. S:CE relationship with combat strategies is much more complicated that that.

PS: one of the proposed changes was to remove FS from rulebook to the text of cards. Even this will make the game better (a little bit).

Last edit: 18 Jan 2017 15:00 by elotar.

More
18 Jan 2017 15:18 #80249 by Ezra
Replied by Ezra on topic What is missing from VtES?

Players should adapt rather than trying to adapt the game to their playstyle.

+1
The game is just fine, no need for dumb change like banning card or removing mechanics.

Maxime Socroun, 3200321

More
18 Jan 2017 15:35 - 18 Jan 2017 19:45 #80252 by TwoRazorReign

I don't think there's a need to change...

You can add any proposed changes here and it will be the motto of many.

It will be the opinion of many. Opinions are like assholes--everyone's got one and they all stink. Who's to say you, I, or anybody is correct? The discussion is what's important.

Reason to change FS is that it will make the game better. You can argue that it will not be the case, but the argument "it was there from 94" don't look decisive to me.

You are trying to fix something that is not broken with the nebulous premise that it will "make the game better." I fail to see how overhauling the mechanics of first strike will make the game better. At best, it won't make much of a difference. It's a minor combat mechanic after all.

Many things from 94 are no longer in the game and many new things are added each year (new cards, rule interpretations e t.s.). It's the natural way of the living game.

The things that were in the game on day 1 in 1994 that have been removed were broken. First strike is nowhere near broken.

Really, have you considered playing another game? The appeal of VTES for many is that it's the same game and cards that were around in 1994. Sure, there have been things added, but the 1994-era stuff is still the backbone. If this does not appeal to you, I don't know what to tell you.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2017 19:45 by TwoRazorReign.

More
18 Jan 2017 22:07 #80256 by elotar
Guys, this thread is called "what is missing from VtES". If you think, that the answer is "nothing" than we get your opinion long time ago, no need to write it again and again. Go find another thread where you can contribute.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds