file What is missing from VtES?

20 Jan 2017 06:28 #80295 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic What is missing from VtES?
Please note that I am not in favour of removing either SCE or first strike.

I just would like to see the cost of SCE increased somehow, and the binary gap of SCE/full combat filled in a bit somehow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2017 07:24 #80298 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic What is missing from VtES?

Maybe we just agree with Ankha's point of view...

He still haven't answered my question, why he is playing with the new sets if he "likes the game as is". ;)

Let's put it that way: making FS "faster" than S:CE = new mini-set of 6-8 cards which will add options for assamite, !gangrel and blocking gargoyles combat.

What not to like here?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
20 Jan 2017 09:10 #80299 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic What is missing from VtES?

Let's put it that way: making FS "faster" than S:CE = new mini-set of 6-8 cards which will add options for assamite, !gangrel and blocking gargoyles combat.

What not to like here?

Thing is, this can be solved with designing "Weatherstorm" like cards. Effects that trigger before/during the maneuver phase. If you want it to cost a strike, then simply state "this minion cannot strike this round" on the card.

Changing FS in the rulebook kinda makes cards like "Canine Horde" and even "Fast Hands" a bit too powerful.

I agree, logic wise FS in current form is weird, but legacy creates problems in game balance for it to change.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
20 Jan 2017 10:14 #80301 by alek
Replied by alek on topic What is missing from VtES?

Gold rule of rules making is "Keep it simple".
If anything should be done with first strike it's removing this mechanic from the game. It's one of the examples of unneeded, niche mechanic that doesn't bring anything to the game but makes it a little more rules heavy. Such things (among many others) keep new players from starting their adventure with vtes

I agree with you, but is first strike THAT complicated ?
vtesone.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/vtes-rules-first-strike-qa/

it's not complicated, but it's small stone that, together with all the other small, rarely used rules (f.e. cold iron vulnerability, slave, reserach area and many others), creates a big avalanche which makes this game new player-unfriendly

More
20 Jan 2017 11:15 - 20 Jan 2017 11:21 #80302 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic What is missing from VtES?

Changing FS in the rulebook kinda makes cards like "Canine Horde" and even "Fast Hands" a bit too powerful.

In what world Canine Horde will be too powerful against deck, playing S:CE?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 20 Jan 2017 11:21 by elotar.

More
20 Jan 2017 12:23 #80304 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic What is missing from VtES?

In what world Canine Horde will be too powerful against deck, playing S:CE?

Destroy equipment without any means to avoid it if FS would be resolved before dodge/S:CE? You don't see a problem with guaranteed cheap destruction of equipment?

Ps. just had a visual of a pack of wolves chewing on a learjet... >.<

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds