file What is missing from VtES?

19 Jan 2017 13:17 #80272 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic What is missing from VtES?
People are caring about their game. :)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2017 13:38 #80274 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic What is missing from VtES?
A melting pot of ideas without any serious study of each one leads nowhere. A says Combat Ends are boring, B says no it isn't.
If A really wants to prove combat ends are boring, A should create a topic giving concrete examples about why it's "boring" (a vague notion) and how changing it would make the game better. It's hard work, that's why people prefer to toss ideas around.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoRazorReign

More
19 Jan 2017 13:58 - 19 Jan 2017 14:12 #80275 by TwoRazorReign

Guys, this thread is called "what is missing from VtES". If you think, that the answer is "nothing" than we get your opinion long time ago, no need to write it again and again. Go find another thread where you can contribute.

Are you the internet police? Isn't the point of a thread to have a discussion? Your ideas merit discussion. Take it as a compliment.

It was an answer to your proposal "to play another game" ;)

Well, I mean, have you thought about it? You are throwing out tons of strange ideas to "fix" the game. Do you actually like playing a game you think needs so much fixing? Not trying to be rude, I really am curious.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2017 14:12 by TwoRazorReign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
19 Jan 2017 14:10 - 19 Jan 2017 14:10 #80276 by TwoRazorReign

This forum hasn't been a place for productive discussion for quite some time now.

Every attempt gets swatted to death by people who discussed everything there is to discuss in the last 15 years. I confess, most of the time quite justified and unfortunately often viciously.

Is "viciously" true? Or are people just having an argument on the internet? There's a difference between someone having a different viewpoint and someone being vicious. I've seen lots of arguments, but haven't seen much viciousness.

Have to say, vekn.net is not a place to enthusiastically and passionately post your ideas, you will be disappointed. Threads like these are traps.

Is this something inherent to vekn.net, or is this something inherent to all internet forums? I think getting backlash to ideas is par for the course when posting on the internet in general.

Just read through all the popular threads, you'll encounter loads of insults, condescendance proposals to play another game instead and just sheer rudeness.

Again, par for the course on the internet. If you don't make compelling arguments for changing something, people are going to disagree and sometimes be condescending.

I'll probably get a lot of bile thrown over me after posting this, but it's the truth and it's a shame.

If you perceive this response to be "bile" thrown your way, I assure you it's not meant that way. It's just a different viewpoint. Your viewpoint merits discussion in my mind, and I mean that as a compliment.

Maybe something will be done about it...

Or you could, you know, just ignore the bile. That's what I usually do.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2017 14:10 by TwoRazorReign.

More
19 Jan 2017 14:26 #80277 by TwoRazorReign

I post 8 different things and the last one, an almost throway comment on SCE generates 3 pages of posts? !@#%

Range, rounds, first strike, dodge - it's common gaming terms with universal meaning.
S:CE and all connected with it(IG, Psyche ets) break "the narrative".
So it's bothersome.

FS uselessness is just small sad side story.

Big concepts are complicated and discussion of them in general is purely abstract - nobody going to change the game in such scale.

To fix FS we need like 5 minutes with rulebook.

Your argument seems to be "S:CE and FS are illogical, so lets change it". Lots of things are illogical in VTES. Unless you can point to a real flaw in game mechanics, I'm not sure you are going to get much support for your ideas.

More
19 Jan 2017 14:36 #80278 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic What is missing from VtES?

Well, I mean, have you thought about it? You are throwing out tons of strange ideas to "fix" the game. Do you actually like playing a game you think needs so much fixing? Not trying to be rude, I really am curious.

It's like saying to the guy, who spends most of his time with his chopper tuning and upgrading it, that he actually don't like motorcycles and should ride, i don't know, bus instead.

Actually I think the opposite is in order - the guys who "like the game as it is" don't really care about the game.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds