file The future of V:TES

09 Dec 2012 12:30 #42592 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: The future of V:TES

(Eccentric Billionaire, I'm looking at you!)

Don't dis the billionaire — I witness him deliver a game win at the UK Nationals. :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2012 03:12 #42637 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: The future of V:TES

(Eccentric Billionaire, I'm looking at you!)

Don't dis the billionaire — I witness him deliver a game win at the UK Nationals. :laugh:

Not saying it's a bad card. But they printed too many.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
10 Dec 2012 17:12 #42657 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: The future of V:TES
IMO we should create some starter decks for all clan's.
We can start a thread for submitting some reasonable starter decks for the POD expansion. And we can also create some standard boosters for drafts.

I have already mentioned that draft text should be added to the old cards...

Besides the decks and boosters players could also buy POD cards.

Other possibility is allowing the old decks to be reprinted... CE, SW, FN, etc.

If you want to maintain the ratio common vs rares vs uncommon, that POD will always kill it, no one will want some of the rares that exist. I don't think that someone will ask for a copy of bloodbath...

More
11 Dec 2012 02:20 #42681 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Id buy it too, then again id buy anything that vekn would put out just about now. Hahahaha.

pins. mats. carrying cases. anything. (as long as shipping to philippines is reasonable.)

More
11 Dec 2012 11:42 #42692 by brm130
Replied by brm130 on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Would precon decks be available as an ordering option? It seems like it would be the easiest thing to do, just feed a deck-list into the ordering system.

There's a number of decks in the various guidebooks that have come out, as well as all the starters' lists that could be a good place to start. I know I'd personally order a set of HttB starter reprints - I've never even seen them in person and nuts to ebay prices.

More
11 Dec 2012 22:37 #42706 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Pre-cons are a great idea for new players — but unless the economics works perhaps they should just be a pre-selected print on demand deck.

Let go of the rare, uncommon, common mindset — it should be a thing of the past. On Lackey often you will see diverse and creative (or at least different) decks simply because card availability is not a concern. It should also be like this in real life and print on demand makes this a possibility. Embrace it, it could be great. If it fails — what does it change? nothing of importance.

Artificial restrictions / limits on cards is just a waste of time and energy. I could perhaps understand it if there was a card limit in VTES, but there isn't so why try and enforce one on build to order decks?

This, so much this! Balance in vtes is not maintained by bogus 'rarity'. It's all a scramble anyway, there are 'rare' cards that are widely available and 'commons' that are not, let us all just let it go and build whatever decks we want and get back to playing the game. IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Menteith, Gilaelin, wesile, Mimir

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds