file The future of V:TES

25 Jan 2013 05:17 #44367 by ReverendRevolver
I hate agreeing with kevin on this topic, but we dont really need monthly updates if nothing is truly going on relivant to pod or the new set. But stuff is currently going on with playtesting, and thats just as it has been, im sure. In other news quasi related to the pod topic, onebookshelf (meaning the drive thru family of companies, meaning company of Steve Weick, part time savior of vtes) is now printing selling D&D stuff(meaning dungeons and dragons, meaning wotc/hasbro, meaning the owners of the tap mechanic and deckmaster copyright) so, for the dense folks,
Drive thru companies are on good buisness terms with the primary company that would be problematic with getting licensing worked out. While thos has nothing directly to do with us (unless folks here needed d&d stuff in pdf) its a sign that things arent looking bad, at least. Pod is still not in sight yet, but it looks more possible than it did last week that we will see it soon.

Aside from pod and future sets, i would kind of like to see at least a monthly post from someone in the ic, dt, marketing team, or david just so some new news is piping in, even if its kinda trivial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2013 06:33 #44370 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Or would you all prefer a weekly newsletter from the IC saying things are happening but its state did not differ from last week or last month. Patience is a Virtue!

I never suggested a _weekly_ newsletter.

Meanwhile I'd like to mention that we just orderd the Qualifier t-shirts today. We are ready to ship them early february.

This is exactly the type of information that could be summarized into a _monthly_ newsletter, or something similar.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
25 Jan 2013 06:35 #44371 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

If it will take time for licenses and such to be worked out, why aren't we working on or playtesting a new set?

Because it probably seems foolish to create 2 or 3 sets if the first one won't get approved.

Wait a minute now... What do you mean? Approved by whom? We have created a set, I assume it will be published in some way, POD or not? So why not start working on a another set?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
25 Jan 2013 06:43 #44372 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Wait a minute now... What do you mean? Approved by whom?

By players, at the very least.

There is a real possibility that after two or three month, people prefer to ignore the new set. I am sure each and every people involved in it strive for the highest quality, but it can be a resounding failure regardless.

In this case, not having set already done is a big advantage, since having already so much hard work done on other sets would make methodology work a lot harder.

More
25 Jan 2013 07:50 #44374 by Juggernaut1981

If it will take time for licenses and such to be worked out, why aren't we working on or playtesting a new set?

Because it probably seems foolish to create 2 or 3 sets if the first one won't get approved.

Wait a minute now... What do you mean? Approved by whom? We have created a set, I assume it will be published in some way, POD or not? So why not start working on a another set?

White Wolf/CCP and Wizards/Hasbro still own all the IP we are using. They would probably want to at least look at them before they are released. The playtesting is currently not yet over AFAIK. The art may not be completely finalised. They may want to stall releasing the set as a PDF if there is a chance of releasing it in PoD. If it is going to go PoD, then WW/CCP and Wizards/Hasbro will definitely want to look over the cards.

That's not even speculating about people losing time to the parts of their life that are not volunteering for the VEKN.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
25 Jan 2013 08:15 #44377 by brettscho
Replied by brettscho on topic Re: The future of V:TES
I'm always shocked at how conservative this group is. The VEKN has been doing things perfectly since before the beginning of time, and any changes are heresy. It's like we're in a bad religion. Starting a monthly thread saying "all parties are hard at work, but we don't have any solid news to announce" would clearly destroy this game, the internet, and possibly the universe as we know it. Boy, I'm glad that isn't happening! Dodged that bullet.

On a more serious and less sarcastic note, I understand the need to defend the VEKN. But decrying every suggestion for change and pointedly stating that those advocating change are just lazy fools who refuse to devote their time to a volunteer organization only those seeking to help and instead ensures that this game stays dead. We all want to see good things happen to this game. Surely that common ground is sufficient to keep the peace (I can dream, can't I?).

Finally, as far as my playtest group knows, playtesting of Danse Macabre is over. We have no idea what has happened to the cards, but we think there could and should be more playtesting. We're eager to see what changes the design team has made.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds