file The future of V:TES

23 Jan 2013 22:10 #44335 by Juggernaut1981
If we're possibly going to be encroaching on others IP, then they'll probably want to review what we make. So I'm doubting that they will put it at the top of their priorities considering it won't make them money.

Then once we get the ability to publish the cards at all, THEN we'd need to see if we can negotiate to PoD the new cards and/or old cards. THEN...

So there will be some delays. Too many things that can't be controlled are in the way.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2013 06:22 #44342 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I´m getting a little bit annoyed by the lack of information concerning the future of the game, especially about the new set.

Perhaps you could step-up and volunteer to be part of the process. Then you'd understand the issues involved and why, despite your personal emotional needs, the Inner Circle doesn't post daily updates.

Who asked for daily updates? And who said I don´t volunteer? I organize monthly tournaments, a weekly league, I demo the game, I playtest - what more do you ask of me KevinM?

And why, in a rude way, try to answer questions on forums that you obviously cannot answer?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
24 Jan 2013 10:00 #44350 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I´m getting a little bit annoyed by the lack of information concerning the future of the game, especially about the new set.

Perhaps you could step-up and volunteer to be part of the process. Then you'd understand the issues involved and why, despite your personal emotional needs, the Inner Circle doesn't post daily updates.

Who asked for daily updates? And who said I don´t volunteer? I organize monthly tournaments, a weekly league, I demo the game, I playtest - what more do you ask of me KevinM?

And why, in a rude way, try to answer questions on forums that you obviously cannot answer?

You said you were "annoyed" at their lack of information, as if the Inner Circle promised anything to you (or anyone) regarding distribution of information.

Did they make such a promise? If so, then you are correct and I apologize. If not, you're letting your emotions control your words and my original statement stands (with no apology).

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
24 Jan 2013 13:06 #44351 by Daidalos
Replied by Daidalos on topic Re: The future of V:TES
KM: Clearly the word "annoyed" is the problem. Non-native English speakers sometimes can't possibly feel the strength of the words they use. I myself can't say if it's more of "pissed off" or "troubled" - in my language it means both and it depends on context. Here the context was "a little" - so I suppose you overreacted "a little".
And in our situation when the game is "a little" rotting, a monthly "Hello, we're still here" from the IC couldn't hurt. I keep checking VEKN every other day and yes, I am waiting for at least such pep talk. The "volunteer or shut up" attitude clearly doesn't help that much.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
24 Jan 2013 14:16 #44352 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: The future of V:TES

And in our situation when the game is "a little" rotting, a monthly "Hello, we're still here" from the IC couldn't hurt. I keep checking VEKN every other day and yes, I am waiting for at least such pep talk. The "volunteer or shut up" attitude clearly doesn't help that much.

I'm sorry that you interpreted my statement that way. The suggestion that he volunteer was given because volunteers have more information than non-volunteers and perhaps this would lessen his concerns.

The constant hand-holding that you suggest isn't present in any adult-run organization or business that I have ever been a part of or am aware of. This is the very sort of thing that doesn't need to be said.

Given the history of VEKN, what they have done and continue to do for V:TES, and given that they operate on their own timetable with sometimes fast and sometimes slow updates, I'm willing to trust that they are doing what needs to be done. The fact that information isn't being given on someone else's timetable is no reason for an interrogation session or a demand for more information, especially from a volunteer organization that has set no firm dates.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
24 Jan 2013 19:22 #44355 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I'm sorry that you interpreted my statement that way. The suggestion that he volunteer was given because volunteers have more information than non-volunteers and perhaps this would lessen his concerns.

The constant hand-holding that you suggest isn't present in any adult-run organization or business that I have ever been a part of or am aware of. This is the very sort of thing that doesn't need to be said.

Given the history of VEKN, what they have done and continue to do for V:TES, and given that they operate on their own timetable with sometimes fast and sometimes slow updates, I'm willing to trust that they are doing what needs to be done. The fact that information isn't being given on someone else's timetable is no reason for an interrogation session or a demand for more information, especially from a volunteer organization that has set no firm dates.

In what way are volunteers given more information in this matter? I am a prince and playtester. What level do you suggest I will have to reach to get more information.

Why do you think a monthly "Hello, we're still here" is "a constant hand-holding?

You can interpret my post as me criticising the lack of information. That means I suggest we have more information.

Seem you have bad luck with "adult-run organizations". I have been with plenty that talk to their members/employee/volunteers all the time. I work for an rather enormous American company, and we have plenty of newsletters and so on, no problem.

Like Daidalos said, "a little bit annoyed" might be the wrong way to put it, but I guess I don´t know the language good enough for KevinM.

I LOVE THE VEKN INNER CIRCLE. I don´t demand anything.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds