map-pin Announce your Presence

02 Jan 2012 23:10 #19759 by protytwo
Replied by protytwo on topic Re: Announce your Presence
I am Eric Schultheis and have been playing since the Jyhad release. I am a regular to the Berkeley, California playgroup, and occassionally travel to other San Francisco Bay Area cities for games or tournaments. When I started playing in Santa Barbara I didn't find a playgroup, and played very poorly. Still trying to become a better player.

I initially liked the Toreador and then the Giovanni. Currently trying to play a variety of different decks to learn unfamiliar cards and strategies.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 03:57 #19766 by muushupork
I posted in the general section but just found this thread.

My name is Oliver and I have lived in south florida all my life. I began playing Jyhad along with MTG and Battletech RPG at a place called tool mart that actually had a gaming shop in the back called the hidden guild! I went there in my early teens every friday but grew out of it and into more unacceptable behaviors. Recently i found my old collection of Jyhad cards ( which had tons of every card except the rares which i had seperated and lost years ago) and have been obsessing ever since!

Hopefully i will either find an existing group here in the Miami/Broward/Palm Beach county area or i will create one!!

More
04 Jan 2012 02:23 #19846 by minionhunter
Hi,

I'm Matt, same username at boardgamegeek, I'm in Minnesota

I played some Jyhad when boosters were $10/box and I bought 10-20 boxes for my game buddies to build decks with. We all remember it being fun. I would like to play it again with my current board game group. I would also like to set up a (very) small tournament at a local game event and maybe order a tournament pack to see if I can influence some people to come out of the woodwork locally.

Please keep VTES going!

More
26 Feb 2012 04:05 #24108 by PrinceOfFloriston
I'm David, living in the Denver metro area. I've been buying up old Jyhad cards and I'm looking for players in the area. Ideally I'd like to play the old Jyhad cards but I'm interested in buying later cards if that's what people are playing.

More
02 Mar 2012 23:22 #24562 by Daidalos
Replied by Daidalos on topic Re: Announce your Presence
Hi, my name's Jakub, living in Prague, Czech republic. Not much of a player, but certainly enthusiastic about the game, even though a bit afraid of the future at the moment. The only thing I hate about the game, or, more precisely, about the World of Darkness, is how it treats us (read: Czechs) as being Russians, with every vampire tied to Prague being either Vasiliy, Vasil, Ekaterina or such - which all are Russian names. Oh yes, we have feelings too.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Lin

More
14 Mar 2012 20:46 #25859 by Lopez de la Osa
Hi,

I am newbie... I played Jyhad about 15 years ago; I rescue this game due my mother...

I would like to 'learn' again, but starting by the begining: playing online with only Jyhad cards, and if it is able (but not needed) with Spanish speakers. When I know the game, the language will not be a problem.

Thanks. Raul.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds