map-pin Announce your Presence

06 Jun 2011 11:43 #4908 by Toqtamish
Hi Matt from Nova Scotia here. Always wanted to learn how to play this game. Was sad to learn it is now canceled by WW.

I was looking to get a copy of the players kit as it seems to be the best way to learn but cannnot seem to find any except for one that is on amazon for $999.99!

Anyone know of any players active in Nova Scotia that would be willing to teach a newb and anyway to get a hold of some good learn to play decks also ? The players kit seems the best but is either sold out or as stated earlier massively overpriced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2011 11:54 #4909 by alf
Replied by alf on topic Re: Announce your Presence

I was looking to get a copy of the players kit

the players kit consisted of one half of each 3rd Edition starter deck, which should still be available. you could grab one each of those and effectively have a starter kit covered.
the play-by-play instructions should be available online somewhere ...

other starter decks might be good too, and there are some beginners articles somewhere on thelasombra.com

-alf

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>

More
06 Jun 2011 13:44 #4911 by Toqtamish
What about the demonstration decks from 2002 ? I found them on ebay for $15.00. Better, just as good, not as good as the players kit ?

More
06 Jun 2011 15:06 - 06 Jun 2011 21:11 #4914 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Announce your Presence
The demo decks (with the Pawn expansion symbol) are no good for play.

They have enough of the game to demonstrate how to play, how to understand the symbols and the parts of a turn.

They do not have enough cards to play in a regular game. (Rules indicate 40 card minimum.)

I don't know of anyone in Nova Scotia, but you can check out the other Canadian specific V:TES sites, here:

www.vtes.ca/lurk/
www.la-cellule.org/VEKN/

If you will pay for postage, I can send you 4 starters from the Black Hand expansion, which will be a much better starting point than the demo decks or the player's kit.

Contact me thru the email address on this site:
www.TheLasombra.com
Last edit: 06 Jun 2011 21:11 by Adonai. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toqtamish

More
06 Jun 2011 16:42 #4915 by atomweaver

Hi Matt from Nova Scotia here. Always wanted to learn how to play this game. Was sad to learn it is now canceled by WW.

Minor point; the game was effectively cancelled by Hasbro, who insisted on exorbitant/unrealistic licensing fees for their (WotC's) IP, when it came time for CCP/WW to renew the license...

More
07 Jun 2011 06:18 #4930 by shade
Replied by shade on topic Re: Announce your Presence

Hope you enjoy living in the "Unofficial Extra State of Australia".

Hmmmm - if we joined certainly that would be a major boost to the average IQ in Australia ;)

Marcin is living in Auckland - that's basically part of Australia anyway. With luck though he'll see the light shortly and come south of the Bombay hills.

I'm Simon Reed and I'm based in Wellington, NZ. I am one of those kiwis that crosses the ditch for events in Aussie and indeed pinched their national title a couple of years back.

I previously lived in London for a bit and played with the London crew run by Mike Nudd and met all sorts of cool people from all over the place. I mainly play toolbox decks and favourite clan is Tremere.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds