file New Blog - Gaming with BS

14 Oct 2015 21:54 - 08 Feb 2016 20:06 #73667 by brettscho
Hello! As some of you know, I've recently been writing a few articles that have been posted on VTES ONE. It's been fantastic for a number of reasons, but I've decided that maybe (just maybe) I have enough ideas for articles that I can support my own gaming blog. Consequently, I've started my own blog - Gaming with BS . They're my initials, see. Pretty sure they don't stand for anything else....

So what can you expect from Gaming with BS ? My goal is to provide quality articles with deep analysis on whatever game has caught my fancy at the moment. For the foreseeable future, that will be VTES exclusively, but I may slip in an article on another game system at some point. Currently, the blog has copies of all my old articles - that includes the two I wrote for VTES ONE (which will also remain here), as well as links some old articles that I wrote about the Legend of the Five Rings CCG. Finally, it has a new article which I hope will be the start of a series of articles about how we can get people interested in VTES and what our community can do to lower the barriers to entry facing new and returning players!

I hope you'll come and take a look! Maybe post a few comments - I would love to encourage some discussion in the community. And please let me know if you have any suggestions for the blog itself, or topics that you would be interested in reading about. Anyway, I hope you'll join me on this blogging journey!

Brett

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
Last edit: 08 Feb 2016 20:06 by brettscho.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2015 06:04 - 15 Oct 2015 06:05 #73672 by Lönkka
Awesome abbreviated name for the blog!

Fantasiapelit still has the following VTES in stock.
All sets also available in smaller quantities and some odd starters from here and there still available but no full dispalys of sets not listed below are avaibalble any more.

3rd Edition Boosters (100 euros/dspl)
Anarch Boosters (93 euros/dspl)
Black Hand Boosters (93 euros/dspl)
Ebony Kingdom Boosters (100 euros/dspl)
Gehenna Boosters (93 euros/dspl)
Kindred's Most Wanted Boosters (100 euros/dspl)
Lords of the Night Boosters (100 euros/dspl)
Nights of Reckoning Boosters (100 euros/dspl)
Sword of Caine Boosters (100 euros/dspl)
Twilight Rebellion Boosters (100 euros/dspl)

Blood Shadowed Court Collector Deck (59.90 euros/dspl)
Keepers of the Tradition Starters (50 euros/dspl)
Legacies of Blood Starters (65 euros/dspl)

VTES: Player's Guide 35 euros
VTES Eternal Struggle Player's Guide 8.40 euros (LOL!)

And the reason the site isn't also readily available in English is the fact that due to extremely high prices of Finnish postal services (to abroad) in most instances people tend to find products way cheaper elsewhere. So using very limited personnel resources to cater to the segment that makes up like 0.01% of the customer base isn't really viable... :(

Postage for one display to europe is slightly under 20 euros and anywhere in the world double that.

Someone wants to buy something I suggest emailing to: and working it out with the mail order trolls.

Lönkka/Fantasiapelit

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 15 Oct 2015 06:05 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
15 Oct 2015 15:20 #73681 by brettscho

Awesome abbreviated name for the blog!

Thank you!

Fantasiapelit still has the following VTES in stock:

Thanks again! I'll update my blog post with the availability! I'm amazed that you still have Third Edition, Anarch, and Twilight Rebellion boosters for sale. Pretty sure you are the only retailer who does. And thanks for clarifying the shipping situation.

Between you and Walch & Nusser, it seems like Europe has pretty decent card availability. But that's a unique situation. New players from outside Europe are going to have a very hard time finding cards, and I think we need to consider ways to get cards into the hands of new players world-wide.

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
16 Oct 2015 06:45 #73693 by Lönkka

I'm amazed that you still have Third Edition, Anarch, and Twilight Rebellion boosters for sale.

Bought pretty heavily years ago...

Between you and Walch & Nusser, it seems like Europe has pretty decent card availability.

AFAIK they bough pretty heavily, especially when WW ended the license (beat us to it).

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Oct 2015 19:12 - 25 Oct 2015 19:13 #73874 by brettscho
Hello everybody - I just published a new article about online play, with some suggestions about how the VEKN can support and encourage more of it. I hope you enjoy it. Maybe people with more experience with online play can chime in! Meanwhile, I'm off to run a demo of the game for 6 potential new players - I'll be posting more about how it goes!

gamingwithbs.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/promoting-online-play/

Last edit: 25 Oct 2015 19:13 by brettscho.

More
29 Oct 2015 19:34 #73940 by brettscho
I just published my first article in a series on running VTES demos. For now, I'm just looking at the demo decks that I currently use. Today's article is the guidelines that I used to create my demo decks. I'll start posting the decks themselves (along with piloting instructions for new players, playtest notes, and new player impressions) in the next few weeks. Hope you enjoy!

gamingwithbs.wordpress.com/2015/10/29/demo-deck-series-the-rules/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds