file New Blog - Gaming with BS

11 Jan 2016 20:28 #74916 by brettscho
I've just published my first tournament report. It is the first of two such reports (since I played in two events on the same day), the other should be up later this week. Come and see how my Mummy deck was changed thanks to your comments, and see how I managed to do!

Stop Calling My Mummy: A Tournament Report

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 18:46 #74984 by brettscho
Sorry for the delay, but my second tournament report is finally up. As a sneak peek at what I have planned for the coming weeks, I'm working on writing up my Tremere Demo Deck, describing my adventures on Ebay (and how I'll never sell VTES there again), and an article about the Nosferatu Antitribu and their horrible track record. Enjoy!

Business as Usual: Corrupt Politicians - a Tournament Report

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal

More
24 Jan 2016 21:18 #75217 by brettscho
I was going to wait until Monday to release this (since that's when I usually publish articles), but I was so excited by my review of the Anarchs Unbound Crypt that I just couldn't wait. Plus, I'd like to give people something to read that isn't another argument about the newly banned cards. So sit back and enjoy my review of all the Anarch Unbound Crypt cards. Let me know if you agree with my assessment or if you think I've missed something!

Anarchs Unbound Crypt Review

The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, BenPeal, 2wayspeaker

More
25 Jan 2016 13:54 - 25 Jan 2016 14:35 #75221 by Zombieking
Nice review. I have to admit though, that I like seeing vampires so pale that they look blue - kind of a throwback to the classic nosferatu look!

My thoughts regarding the mid cap vampires with loads of basics - I suspect that is a deliberate design tactic to get players to use the anarch specific multidiscipline cards. As those cards only require a default basic version, having superior levels of anything is kinda wasted - so it's better to have more options than superfluous higher levels of disciplines.

Anyway, love your blog. Ive only got back into the game this last year after a 15yr break - so have found your "set information" article to be super useful while Ive been trying top track down cards to buy to fill the gaps in my collection! Thanks! :)
Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 14:35 by Zombieking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
26 Jan 2016 09:14 #75238 by alek
Replied by alek on topic New Blog - Gamging with BS
Just pasted here my comment from your blog for easier access:

Nice article! That’s probably the most detailed cards’ art review in VTES history :) I fully agree that VEKN produced pdf sets are of much better quality when it comes to cards’ art than WW ones. I like most of the graphics, some of them are really great. In crypt I especially like Carmen Cornet’s ones. Some of the others are not really my style or doesn’t suit vtes theme well in my opinion but it’s still more than we couldhope for. One more time great job of artists!
It’s much much worse when it comes to actual playing potential of those cards. They all seem very … flat. Just a bunch of crypt fillers. Don’t get me wrong, they’re well balanced and probably will find their ways into some decks. Maybe they were even needed for some particular anarch builds to come to live. I’ve even built a deck with two of them (you can check it here – vekn.net/forum/deck-clinic/74637-anarchs-jack-s-guardians), but vampires were not a reason for it. The deck would be fine without them too. New vampires are just not inspiring. Two of them worth mentioning, because of the specials, are Salvador Garcia and Javier Montoya ADV.
Just compare new ones with crypt from Danse Macabre or The Unaligned. Those vampires were begging to make decks with them! It’s not the case this time.
I just hope that they have some hidden deck building potentiall that is not visible from the beggining and requires some carefull analysis of old and new anarchs cards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
01 Feb 2016 05:41 #75293 by brettscho
I've just published my thoughts on the first half of the library cards from Anarchs Unbound. I ended up with so much to say about each card that it just made sense to split the review into two groups - the 3 way discipline cards and those that don't require disciplines. Expect my review of the latter soon! Hope you enjoy. Let me know if I've missing something or under/over valued a card - I would love to hear more opinions on these cards!

Anarchs Unbound Library Review, Part I

The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds