file New Blog - Gaming with BS

19 Nov 2015 19:31 #74451 by AaronC
I'm interested in the progress of this section: I've introduced the game to a guy in my board gaming group who is mildly interested. Anything pre-packaged that I can show him is wonderful.

Since I can't find a place to comment on the new players' corner page, I am sharing my thoughts here re: "What kind of game VTES is".

1. It's a game of player elimination.
2. It's based on a modern, supernatural RPG setting.
3. It plays like a heavy strategy board game.
4. It shares similarities with Magic: the Gathering.

In other words:
If you don't want to be eliminated or to eliminate, you won't like this game.
If you like the trappings of a modern, supernatural setting, you might like this game.
If you like other games that involve multiple players, a long running time, and complex rules, you might like this game. And, inversely...
If you already know how to play MTG, you can learn this game easily.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2015 21:33 #74455 by self biased
also, V:tes is very much a game of Resource management.

More
20 Nov 2015 11:19 #74470 by Ashur

If you don't want to be eliminated or to eliminate, you won't like this game.

I think this bit is very interesting. The main objective of the game is of course to win (well, unless you play for fun, but winning is fun!), and to be able to win you have to make sure that you are not eliminated. Ie, you cannot jerk around with some durdle deck. You also need to influence your table allies to help you when you´re in a weak position. I think more people should try playing the game more competitivly, ie focus on not being eliminated. My playgroup play like that, and people seldom get eliminated early = more fun for everyone.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
20 Nov 2015 19:24 #74484 by brettscho
Many thanks for those who provided feedback. The Beginner's Section has been updated with two new sections - #1 What kind of game is VTES, and why would I want to play it? and #6 How do I build my first deck? For the later section, I used the wayback machine to find and revive some articles posted on The Lasombra's site, which I'm very excited about!

Anyway, go check it out , and please post comments and feedback! Let's make this beginner's page awesome!

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
24 Nov 2015 19:16 #74526 by brettscho
Well, I've finally returned to my demo deck series! Check out my latest article on my Toreador demo deck .

Also, remember that I'm working on the beginner's page for this site, and it's currently up on my blog for comments and suggestions. It's not complete yet, but it's nearing completion, and I would love to get some feedback on it before it migrates to this site. So go check out my New Plyaers' Corner !

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
27 Nov 2015 16:29 #74560 by brettscho
I've just posted the final deck for my initial demo deck series as an after Thanksigiving treat (or just a normal treat for those outside the US). So come and check out what I've put together for Clan Gangrel !

Also, if you have any good ideas for a basic deck made from the group 1+2 Tremere, please post your ideas - I've really been stumped on what to do with the rather strange group 1 crypt!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds