file On how I hate Rego Motus

28 Mar 2012 15:05 - 28 Mar 2012 15:08 #26746 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

I count combat: deck has any plan (even little) trying to effect the opposing minion in combat step.

I bleed you with Hadrian Garrick. He's got +1 strength, he's a fighter you know. And Watenda over here can cancel a combat card so watch out.

Playing badasses since 1994...

Arguments that RM beats environmental damage or weapon damage because of Theft and Soul Burn are meaningless; RM isn't beating those strategies, the other THA cards are.

You don't say ? I thought we were talking about Rego motus in a THA combat strategy, but maybe i'm from another planet ? :)

Anywa, it's Ok : as stated before, RM is less interesting than glancing blow. Thanks for the info man, I'm sure my playstyle will improve now :)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 28 Mar 2012 15:08 by Reyda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2012 15:34 - 28 Mar 2012 15:43 #26747 by Chaitan
In a low combat meta THA combat can be really good. Card for card, few strikes beat Theft of Vitae in effectiveness. RM, although limited add a function that THA didn't have before - prevent. Apportation with the option to manouver OR press is also very good, add 1-2 Flame strike to the deck and you can seriously make people regret ending up in combat with a tremere. Burst of Sunlight+rotshreck has made more than one methuselah cry foul.

With that said. THA truly suck in a real combat. Once you pass 1-2 played cards per round the effectiveness of THA drop considerably for reasons already explained by other people. You simply can't match the raw damage potential of potence, celerity, animalism and whatever little trick many other disciplines can come up with. The number of times I (when playing tremere) ended up in torpor can't be counted and justified only with a "HAH! Atleast I stole two blood from you!" - only to see the opponent play a Taste of Vitae one second later.

RM isn't a bad card but any common fortitude card would be better in a tremere deck. Manouver+1prevent, press+1 prevent, soak, resiliance, prevent all strikes. The only truly unique part about RM is that it is available in a discipline that historically has had no prevent at all.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2012 15:43 by Chaitan.

More
28 Mar 2012 17:14 #26752 by Kushiel

You don't say ? I thought we were talking about Rego motus in a THA combat strategy, but maybe i'm from another planet ? :)

Let me try putting it another way.

Theft of Vitae helped to "protect against" environmental damage (by virtue of bloodgain being very similar to damage prevention in the case of non-aggravated damage) before Rego Motus was printed. That didn't change with the printing of Rego Motus.

The "haha your weapons failed" class of THA strikes protected their user from weapon damage before Rego Motus was printed. That didn't change with the printing of Rego Motus.

Do you understand now?

Anywa, it's Ok : as stated before, RM is less interesting than glancing blow.

Kushiel =/= brandonsantacruz. Hell, our names on this site aren't even the same color.

More
28 Mar 2012 23:26 #26777 by Klaital
Only thing tha combat is really good at is staying alive. Thats major theme of it with all the steal blood, weapons don't work, etc stuff they had before, rego motus just adds a bit to that, its main function is to make you not automatically lose to (non-weapon) aggravated damage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
29 Mar 2012 03:49 #26781 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus
go win a couple of tournaments in a row with Rego Motus decks, and then I'll consider this thread something other than a sack of shit
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
29 Mar 2012 07:04 - 29 Mar 2012 07:06 #26790 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

With that said. THA truly suck in a real combat.

Sorry gentleman, but allow me to disagree here. THA had a big flaw for real combat, and it was the total lack of prevention.
Rego motus is here : problem solved.

Let me try putting it another way.

Theft of Vitae helped to "protect against" environmental damage (by virtue of bloodgain being very similar to damage prevention in the case of non-aggravated damage) before Rego Motus was printed. That didn't change with the printing of Rego Motus.

The "haha your weapons failed" class of THA strikes protected their user from weapon damage before Rego Motus was printed. That didn't change with the printing of Rego Motus.

You don't say ? But I'm glad you came to understand thate we are talking about the whole THA combat here. Saying the same thing twice makes it more interesting maybe ? :)

And yes, I understand that Kushiel =/= brandonsantacruz. Hell, your names on this site aren't even the same color, yes. It's just that the level of some arguments just match each other.

go win a couple of tournaments in a row with Rego Motus decks, and then I'll consider this thread something other than a sack of shit

Same lame argument. "Oh, if you don't win a tournament with it, it's not good".
Yeah, sure ! Usually it's a DECK that wins a tournament, not a CARD. But if you resort to this kind of arguments, you have nothing much to say.

Now what about the LAZY deckbuilding stuff that started it all ? :whistle:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 29 Mar 2012 07:06 by Reyda.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds