file On how I hate Rego Motus

29 Mar 2012 19:57 #26838 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus
Well Reyda, I'm no lazy deckbuilder, but I still can't figure out what slots can be easily replaced by Rego Motus without even thinking.
Rego is good. Govern is good. Conditioning is good. Deflection is good. Theft is good. Basically, they're all good.

Why don't you cry over how Raking Talon is a no-brainer in a gargoyle deck? ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2012 22:37 #26846 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

go win a couple of tournaments in a row with Rego Motus decks, and then I'll consider this thread something other than a sack of shit

Same lame argument. "Oh, if you don't win a tournament with it, it's not good".
Yeah, sure ! Usually it's a DECK that wins a tournament, not a CARD. But if you resort to this kind of arguments, you have nothing much to say.

Now what about the LAZY deckbuilding stuff that started it all ? :whistle:

I'm offended, you completely misread my post!

I'm not saying Rego Motus isn't good.

I'm saying you're not good.

at trolling.

or anything in life, really.

More
30 Mar 2012 05:23 #26853 by jhattara
Here's a Rego Motus example from a real live tornament. At that time I used to play my Hardestadt deck, some of you have probably seen it, where Hardestadt generally aims at hitting people for 8, sometimes for even more. Well... In this game I had my Hardestadt all set up with his little Greek island resort (Yiaros). Generally, if Hardestadt goes to combat with someone who doesn't fight back, the opponent will go to torpor. Period. Well... in this particular game my predator was playing some (!)Tremere, and I really wanted to torp some of his guys. Well, I found that with Rego Motus around this became almost impossible without Disarming them first. Pounded my head against his maneuvers and Rego Motuses for a while, before I was overwhelmed by them. The deck is a pretty dedicated non-card intensive combat deck.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
30 Mar 2012 05:48 #26854 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

I'm saying you're not good.

at trolling.

or anything in life, really.

Here we go again, good people of internet... :)

Just maybe chill down a little, peeps?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
30 Mar 2012 06:05 #26855 by Klaital
I would really like to hear of all of those fortitude cards that you say are worse at basic than rego motus? From what I can think of right away...

Armor of Vitality = Better at basic than rego motus at superior!!
Hidden Strength = Better at basic than rego motus
Indomitability = Slightly better at basic than rego motus
Resilience = Slightly better at basic than rego motus
Rolling with the Punches = Slightly better at basic than rego motus
Skin of Night = Worse at basic than rego motus (woo hoo we have a winner!)
Skin of Rock = Slightly better at basic than rego motus
Skin of Steel = Better at basic than rego motus at superior!!!
Soak = Situationally either better or worse at basic than rego motus
Superior Mettle = Better at basic than rego motus at superior!!!
Unflinching Persistance = Slightly better at basic than rego motus.

Did I forget anything? From that list that at the very least goes over most of the fortitude prevent cards you actually see, grand total of 1 is worse at basic than Rego Motus, and one is roughly the same, all the rest are better, some even better at basic than what rego motus is at superior.

More
30 Mar 2012 07:09 #26856 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

Here's a Rego Motus example from a real live tornament. At that time I used to play my Hardestadt deck, some of you have probably seen it, where Hardestadt generally aims at hitting people for 8, sometimes for even more. Well... In this game I had my Hardestadt all set up with his little Greek island resort (Yiaros). Generally, if Hardestadt goes to combat with someone who doesn't fight back, the opponent will go to torpor. Period. Well... in this particular game my predator was playing some (!)Tremere, and I really wanted to torp some of his guys. Well, I found that with Rego Motus around this became almost impossible without Disarming them first. Pounded my head against his maneuvers and Rego Motuses for a while, before I was overwhelmed by them. The deck is a pretty dedicated non-card intensive combat deck.

The discussion aside, how does Rego Motus prevent you from being punched for 8? Assuming you're a dedicted combat deck and the Tremere guy isn't, then you should have more maneuvers because you (should) play Unflinching Persistance as part of your prevent and you (should) grapple so him can't flush his Thefts. So you smack him for 7, he prevents 4 you prevent 1 and he gets disarmed or just torped straight away.

If you're saying that your deck relies on rush - grapple - disarm then you're not a dedicated combat deck and thus get foiled by fairly common and easily available combat defense. Which means your deck is probably bad and would get totally trashed by a single .44. Or Animalism. Neither of which is uncommon by any standards.

If the above is not the case, that means that the tremere guy *is* a dedicated combat deck with like a 12 Maneuvers and 15 Thefts. In which case you're basically saying that your superstar Hardestadt rush deck, designed to make your prey miserable instead of getting VPs got overwhelmed by a swarm of smaller guys. Gosh, what a fucking surprise... that never happens right?

And this is Rego Motus´s fault exactly how?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds