file On how I hate Rego Motus

28 Mar 2012 12:27 #26721 by Shadowhunter
Celerity + Potence laugh at it.
Celerity + weapons laugh at it.
Celerity + Aggpoke smirks at it.
Animalism shrugs at it whilst calling birds.
Hell, determined Potence grits its teeth and punch you for 6. Sure, prevent 4, you still take 2 damage and I'll rip your arm of.

It's a good card to use when you expect to meet non-combat-centric combat.
It helps against combat-centric decks, but not by very much. I have no problem with it. Now, if it was the :THA: version of Rolling with the Punches, I would have issues with it, but that's not the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2012 12:38 - 28 Mar 2012 12:46 #26724 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

Two words:
Environmental damage

Also "inflict 3 unpreventable" should be "inflict 3 unpreventable with fortitude", n'est–ce pas?

Yup. But most people prevent with fortitude you know... The point was : they can negate weapon strikes too. While sucking your blood.

Environmental damage is what ? 90% of the time Carrion crows and Weather control.
If you steal 2 blood and prevent your opponent's strike, you should be okay...

I'm amazed so many people replied to my stupid rant by the way :side:

Celerity + Potence laugh at it.

Depends on the deck, really.

Celerity + weapons laugh at it.

Not at all.
See "Blood fury" "Soul Burn".

Celerity + Aggpoke smirks at it.

A type of deck that does'nt work (discipline combo allows for nothing really good) and rarely sees play. But ok.

Animalism shrugs at it whilst calling birds.

But the trem can steal blood (better yet, steal 2 blood from the raven spy) and still be pretty safe. It's a 1 blood tradeoff. That's not what i would call shrugging :/

Hell, determined Potence grits its teeth and punch you for 6. Sure, prevent 4, you still take 2 damage and I'll rip your arm of.

Determined potence hitting for 6 ? If you opponent's deck can hit for 6, you are wise and stay at long range... Or you hitback for 3 not preventable by fortitude and torp the bugger. I can't imagine a scenario where the Tremere is not safe here ? :/

It's a good card to use when you expect to meet non-combat-centric combat.
It helps against combat-centric decks, but not by very much. I have no problem with it. Now, if it was the :THA: version of Rolling with the Punches, I would have issues with it, but that's not the case.

the problem lies as much in "it's a rather strong card" than in "i don't have to be creative". Which is the main point of this silly rant :)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 28 Mar 2012 12:46 by Reyda.

More
28 Mar 2012 12:46 #26726 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

Or presses from Immortal Grapples. It's also worth noting that some forms of dedicated POT-combat are actually viable, while anything with more than a splash of THA-combat will suck. Even if Rego Motus does answer POT-combat card for card you can be sure that a good POT-deck will have more of those Immortal Grapples than a good THA-deck has Rego Motuses.

More
28 Mar 2012 12:54 #26727 by Reyda

It's also worth noting that some forms of dedicated POT-combat are actually viable, while anything with more than a splash of THA-combat will suck.

Not so sure... Dedicated THA combat is really really strong. Plus THA comes with nice disciplines in the same package (like " i see you" and " you no bleed me"). But everyone would have his own opinion here :)

More
28 Mar 2012 13:12 #26729 by brandonsantacruz
Rego Motus doesn't make a huge difference in and of itself. The fact that it costs a blood and is only good against one strike each round make it only a bit better than glancing blow, and not all the time. How many people do you hear complaining about glancing blow being broken?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
28 Mar 2012 13:24 #26731 by Reyda
" make it only a bit better than glancing blow "

yeah, sure ! :P

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds