file On how I hate Rego Motus

20 Apr 2012 12:50 #28241 by ReverendRevolver
I play alot of combat (thus, i win very few games in tournaments...) and i can honestly say that rego motus has cost me a final table at a tournament.
john bell had a carna deck also using mistress fanchoin and mark loughman had his multiple-tournament winning carna deck. i was playing lucinde and victorine 2nd trad untap dom with burst of sunlight (and dawn op+weather control+repair the undead flesh...) bell was my predator, and dropping the mistress meant i had no predator who could put pressure on me and i just had to tear through my prey with some dawn op weather control dunking. i 2nd tradded and blocked the standing bleeds of 3, threw burst of sunlight, and was answered with rego motus.
i was not surprised, since bell, as a good player, knows how combat heavy the ohio meta is.
rego doesn't make thaum good because of preventing damage/ mitigating bead loss most of the time, but it does keep them from going to torpor from agg. its a good card, but certainly nos even the best thaum card.
petaniqua combat is the only card i've used rego motus in recently, but i've tried tremere wall and dedicated thaum combat walls with it (Uta loves it...). its another good card from thaum. its not better than Magic of the smith, and not as efficient as most thaum combat. it lets them not cry to Basilia, or a falmethrower, or eye of unforgiving heaven, or whatever random agg poke.
its good, but i can't ever see it being too good. i run 4 if i run it. it fulfills the same function for me as adaptability (its just more generally useful than adaptability).
as i said, i play alot of combat, and its cost me a tournament by existing. but its far from broken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds