file On how I hate Rego Motus

30 Mar 2012 08:22 #26867 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

I have NEVER seen anyone play Flesh Bond. Crows + Bats is just so good short chain combat that I would rather play that over Flesh Bond in about any deck with ANI (including nos/!nos stealth vote).

I know it's strange, but i used 4-5 Flesh bond in a couple of vote decks for 3 reasons.
1- it's a SCE that works at any range, is rarely expected and that trumps bat/carrion
2- the two damage works at any range and can destabilize a chump blocker.
3- mainly because 2 damage is exactly what it takes to destroy a raven spy.

That said, my experience with this card is not so great.

No trace, on the other hand, I see it every week because 1-it trumps ani/carrion once or twice in a while. 2- It's great against sniper rifle 3-you can always use the maneuver provided by Mind tricks played earlier or simply from swallowed by the nigh as you just said. Better than being hit by earthshock or sewer lid with a press ;)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2012 09:07 #26869 by Chaitan

To the point of being a no brainer, like deflection can be in a tremere/anti deck.

10+ player TWD deck with Atleast 50% tremere/!tremere and deflection = 104 results
10+ player TWD deck with Atleast 50% tremere/!tremere and Rego Motus = 21 results

10+ player TWD deck with deflection = 696 results
10+ player TWD deck with Rego Motus = 23 results

Deflection is up there in the top 10 best cards in the game. Rego Motus doesn't even play in the same league.

[source: secretlibrary]

More
30 Mar 2012 09:22 - 30 Mar 2012 09:27 #26870 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus

To the point of being a no brainer, like deflection can be in a tremere/anti deck.

10+ player TWD deck with Atleast 50% tremere/!tremere and deflection = 104 results
10+ player TWD deck with Atleast 50% tremere/!tremere and Rego Motus = 21 results

Deflection is up there in the top 10 best cards in the game. Rego Motus doesn't even play in the same league.

Considering that
-The table winning deck archive traces tournament back to 1997.
-Rego Motus was released end of end of november 2008.
-and Deflection is in the game since day one.

I'd like to ask : Please, before trying to use numbers as reflection of facts, think twice.
Thank you.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 30 Mar 2012 09:27 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
30 Mar 2012 09:37 #26871 by jhattara
Since December 19, 2008.

Rego Motus 22 decks.
Deflection 292 decks.
Deflection w/(!)Tremere 49 decks.

Since it came legal Rego Motus has been used in almost half of the TWD Tremere/!Tremere decks.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, TorranceCircle

More
30 Mar 2012 09:38 - 30 Mar 2012 09:39 #26872 by FrançoisV

It's not a bad performance for RM considering that it's been available only since KoT while deflection was in game from the start. And the statistics not filtering on tremere just made me laugh : way to introduce bias ! ^^ It's not like dominate is much more of a easily available power discipline than thaumaturgy.
Anyway Rego Motus vs Deflection is apples vs oranges. Every deck has to bleed some time or another :p

Even if it weren't game-changing (maybe it is, maybe not, it's not really the matter), Rego Motus follows that trend that nowadays every discipline does a bit of everything (intercept with protean, etc.). E.g. if you wanted to combo blood theft with prevention you had to play THA-FOR, but it's not necessary anymore. Why play Cardano when Masika St John will just do the trick ? Hence the "lazy deckbuilding" Reyda is talking about, I guess.

Which makes me wonder, concerning the future designs to introduce in the game (*crosses fingers*), would it really be a good thing to design more discipline requiring cards ? How to do it without diluting each discipline specifics and while avoiding redundancy ?
Last edit: 30 Mar 2012 09:39 by FrançoisV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
30 Mar 2012 09:51 #26873 by Klaital
Both Protean and Thaumaturgy have sort of been 'bit of everything' type discplines from the start, and intercept is definetily thematic for protean. The very first level of protean is about enhancing your senses for example, and taking in all of the various paths of thaumaturgy, it really can do about anything in the rpg too.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds