file On how I hate Rego Motus

30 Mar 2012 14:02 #26881 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus
Mmmh ! Ice Cream !! :D

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2012 14:33 #26882 by Kushiel

Mmmh ! Ice Cream !! :D

I like to find common ground with other humans. :)

Attachment icecream.jpg not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
30 Mar 2012 15:02 #26883 by TorranceCircle

I've seen both Flesh Bond and No Trace played successfully even in tournament environments.

Surprisingly (to me), I've seen Alpha Glint used to great effect as well. Used as sort of an obedience for an acting vampire.

More
30 Mar 2012 15:28 - 30 Mar 2012 15:28 #26891 by TorranceCircle

Even if it weren't game-changing (maybe it is, maybe not, it's not really the matter), Rego Motus follows that trend that nowadays every discipline does a bit of everything (intercept with protean, etc.). E.g. if you wanted to combo blood theft with prevention you had to play THA-FOR, but it's not necessary anymore. Why play Cardano when Masika St John will just do the trick ? Hence the "lazy deckbuilding" Reyda is talking about, I guess.

When I read the OP, this is how I read it. All these fortitude cards and the discussion why they are better than Rego or not seems to be irrelevant to me. The point was that with Rego you do not need to comb through possible crypts to find the right combonation of (!)Tremere with fortitude. Part of the challenge to building a (!)tremere deck with fortitude was you had to figure out how to get around or play with possible less than optimal crypt choices (and all the library choices this would involve). Rego to some degree eliminates this hurdle.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2012 15:28 by TorranceCircle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
30 Mar 2012 18:03 #26904 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus
my thoughts exactly.
but this led to interesting discussions !

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
30 Mar 2012 23:14 #26935 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus
But what I think others are arguing is that it does not do enough to warrant switching tactics with Thaumaturgy. Generally, from what I'm getting of their assessment (though I'll be corrected if I'm reading them wrong, naturally), the Tremere are better off doing more important things to get VPs and just surviving combat. Getting Rego Motus does not push THA combat into a higher combat tier to compete, or make competitve those rather neglected +str THA strikes.

Not having enough Rego Motus myself, I cannot comment either way. Any donations of extra cards, including your languishing unwanted Magics of the Smith & Rutor's Hands, will be welcome. Then I will experiment and report back to you at your leisure.
:P

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds