file A proposition to change Lilith's Blessing and Anthelios

15 Dec 2012 22:37 #42951 by Ohlmann

Thats a bit harsh, nobody would play the card anymore after that.

It became an emergency card a lot more costly.

They again, even in non combat deck, it can allow your ex-Inner Circle to bleed for 8 instead of hunting. One more minion action can do all the difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2012 04:18 #42953 by Juggernaut1981

The least messy fix not requiring errata or card text migrations is obviously to define the Bahari keyword in the rulebook and give them some sort of downside.

Independent is a good start.

I don't mind it being a defined keyword. But I suspect that people 'had plans' for Bahari, but due to business concerns they were never finished.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Dec 2012 05:43 #42957 by Adonai

But I suspect that people 'had plans' for Bahari, but due to business concerns they were never finished.

I suspect that you over-estimate the storyline creators significantly.
LSJ didn't have any plans for Bahari.

More
16 Dec 2012 10:09 #42962 by Klaital

Thats a bit harsh, nobody would play the card anymore after that.

It became an emergency card a lot more costly.

They again, even in non combat deck, it can allow your ex-Inner Circle to bleed for 8 instead of hunting. One more minion action can do all the difference.

And exactly why would you use liliths blessing instead of jake washington in this case?

More
16 Dec 2012 10:22 #42963 by KevinM

Perhaps the non-native English speakers aren't understanding what I said, so I'll make it clear.

Villein is not now nor ever was rare, meaning that Villein is not now nor ever was scarce.

I will say it again, as clearly : it is scarce.

As a matter of fact, for everyone which wasn't actively buying products on the small windows where KoT booster were affordable, three cards are infuriatingly hard to come : Deep Song, Eye of Argus, and Villein. Villein is in this regard the worse, since it is useful for mosts decks.

Saying that people have them or that they are sold on Ebay does not mean a lot of thing. I never find people willingly giving Villein away the way Carrion Crow or On the qui vive have been, and the prices on ebay are proof enough that the card is scarce.

This is bad logic. Price does not define scarcity, because the price of a thing is not necessarily driven by the scarcity of a thing. example: Anyone can obtain a dozen -- or a hundred -- Villein in the next 24 hours. Therefore, Villein is not scarce.

So:
Villein is a "staple" card.
Villein is expensive for a VTES card.
Villein likely costs too much for players to enjoy the game.
Villein is not rare or scarce, since there are at least dozens, if not hundreds, available for purchase and trade at any given time.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
16 Dec 2012 10:33 #42964 by Ohlmann

This is bad logic. Price does not define scarcity

You're right : it's scarcity that define price, not the other way around. Especially in something like e-bay. Capitalism (ho !) explain that very well, so Villein are scarce, unlike, say, Dead Eye, which everyone have enough for its use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds