file A proposition to change Lilith's Blessing and Anthelios

16 Dec 2012 11:59 #42967 by Kraus

This is bad logic. Price does not define scarcity

You're right : it's scarcity that define price, not the other way around. Especially in something like e-bay. Capitalism (ho !) explain that very well, so Villein are scarce, unlike, say, Dead Eye, which everyone have enough for its use.

What he said.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2012 12:53 #42970 by Jeff Kuta
Regarding Villein and Scarcity (which is kind of way off topic on this thread now):

From dictionary.com:

scar·ci·ty
[skair-si-tee]
noun, plural scar·ci·ties.
1. insufficiency or shortness of supply; dearth.
2. rarity; infrequency.

Let's concentrate on definition #1.

* Villein was an Uncommon in KoT and found 2 per precon in HttB
* Villein is roughly valuated at $10 per card on eBay.
* This is more than the cost of a single HttB starter.
* If a single item from any collection is worth more than the initial value of the collection, then clearly there was/is a shortness of supply.
* So, Villein is scarce.

Seems to me KevinM may have definition #2 in mind when thinking more about scarcity in this context. I agree there are many individual Villeins in circulation, but not nearly enough to meet demand (as the eBay price of Villein indicates).

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
16 Dec 2012 13:25 - 16 Dec 2012 13:26 #42972 by Reyda

Thats a bit harsh, nobody would play the card anymore after that.

It became an emergency card a lot more costly.

They again, even in non combat deck, it can allow your ex-Inner Circle to bleed for 8 instead of hunting. One more minion action can do all the difference.

And exactly why would you use liliths blessing instead of jake washington in this case?

because Jake may stand on the table for a long time before use and during all that time he can be stolen. Because Jake is unique and can also be contested. Because Jake goes to the ash heap after use. ( yes, I know about the anthelios tricks, thanks but no thanks :silly: )

Lilith, on the other hand, is just put on the table any given turn and nothing can happen to that card. It's an invulnerable hunting/Jake (or washington/grounds) card.

I just traded all my Jakes to other players, because I no longer played with them. Why bother ?

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 16 Dec 2012 13:26 by Reyda.

More
16 Dec 2012 13:44 #42973 by Klaital
I use Jake Washington quite a lot more often than Lilith's Blessing. He is something you can toss to pretty much any deck and he will be useful. Lilith's Blessing requires two MPAs and a pool before it does anything at all, if your so worried about villein + lilith's blessing, then just pack lot of suddens and sudden those villeins and that lilith's blessing wont do much good.

More
16 Dec 2012 15:55 - 16 Dec 2012 15:57 #42982 by Reyda

I use Jake Washington quite a lot more often than Lilith's Blessing.

That's a good argument. But I use Lilith's blessing quite a lot more often than Jake. I guess that makes us even ? :silly:

He is something you can toss to pretty much any deck and he will be useful.

if i cannot intercept the "steal" action or if i cannot withstand a long contest, if i have no way to put him back in play once i used it, should i put him in my deck anyway ? Because All those problems vanish when I put lilith's blessing on the table instead.

Lilith's Blessing requires two MPAs and a pool before it does anything at all, if your so worried about villein + lilith's blessing, then just pack lot of suddens and sudden those villeins and that lilith's blessing wont do much good.

Jake requires to be put on a table, and vulnerable to stealing - which means he can benefit an other player instead of me, that's à 8 blood swing against me, and Jake can be used only once. (same arguments, but admit they are good :p )

Oh, and of course, when I pack lots of sudden, I have less to no room for poolgain and can hardly sudden 2 cards a turn, believe me.

But I am ok with your opinion. I have traded/sold my Jakes anyway, and have no regrets about it.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 16 Dec 2012 15:57 by Reyda.

More
16 Dec 2012 16:08 - 16 Dec 2012 16:16 #42983 by KevinM

I agree there are many individual Villeins in circulation, but not nearly enough to meet demand (as the eBay price of Villein indicates).

I can get, literally, 100 or more Villein in the next 24 hours. I asked around, did a little polling, and very, very few players said that they'd not sell me lots of Villein for {some amount of monies}.

To keep mis-defining "demand", "scarcity", "rare", "not nearly enough" and other phrases like it make me sad, because they only make players believe that Villein aren't available, when they clearly are. And then they don't look on eBay, don't ask around, don't get Villein, and eventually get frustrated with the entire situation when they don't need to be.

I'm exiting this now, and thanks for the support, Jeff :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 16 Dec 2012 16:16 by KevinM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds