file Osebo NO!

09 Oct 2012 10:58 - 09 Oct 2012 11:01 #38699 by tarantulus
Osebo NO! was created by tarantulus
Deck Name: Osebo NO!
Author: tarantulus
Description:
Osebo Wall Deck block and beat, throw in carver's for a nice little bonus, Ignore the deck size/group restrictions, this was build to fit house rules.

N.B: the house rules state NO MORE than 6 of any card per deck.

Crypt (Capacity min=3 max=7 avg=5.42; 12 cards)
==================================================

1x Abiku 6 cel obt AUS POT Osebo:4
2x Homa 6 AUS CEL POT Osebo:4
1x Ismitta 4 aus cel pot Osebo:4
1x Kamaria 3 aus pot Osebo:4
1x Kisha Bhimji 5 cel obf pot AUS Osebo:3
2x Mamadou Keita 7 aus pot pre vic CEL Osebo:4
1x Onaedo 6 aus pot DOM OBT Lasombra:4
2x Titi Camara 5 pot AUS CEL Osebo:5
1x Uzoma 5 aus cel vic POT Osebo:4

Library (94 cards)
=====================

Master (10 cards)
1x Base Hunting Ground
1x Blood Puppy
2x Bravo
2x Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
3x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Potence

Equipment (6 cards)
3x Bang Nakh -- Tiger's Claws
3x Bowl of Convergence

Retainer (3 cards)
3x Ghoul Messenger

Reaction (27 cards)
6x Burnt Offerings
6x Enhanced Senses
6x Eyes of Argus
6x Quicken Sight
3x Sins of the Cauchemar

Combat (48 cards)
3x Burning Wrath
3x Concealed Weapon
6x Earthshock
6x Flash
6x Growing Fury
6x Immortal Grapple
6x Increased Strength
6x Taste of Vitae
6x Torn Signpost

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Oct 9, 2012 15:56:45)
Last edit: 09 Oct 2012 11:01 by tarantulus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2012 11:15 #38703 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Osebo NO!
The 6 card maximum mean nobody here will be able to give cookie-cutter advice. Also, invalid grouping (3-4-5).

But no need to be cookie cutter here. The deck is horrible, and maybe it won't be killed immediatly by its predator, but it can't oust anyone. While not being comparatively threatening in combat.

Either your goal is not to oust and a lot of special rules are in effect, and without them we can't help ; or you should try to do something simpler to learn how vtes work, like a classic dementation bleeder.

More
09 Oct 2012 11:55 #38704 by tarantulus
Replied by tarantulus on topic Re: Osebo NO!

invalid grouping (3-4-5)

I did state that this can be ignored

The deck is horrible

ok

your goal is not to oust

this is correct, My goal is to weaken my prey so much, or strike enough fear of combat into them that I can slow-bleed them.Clearly I haven't achieved this.

not being comparatively threatening in combat.

This is the crux of the matter, I want this to be a combat deck. what am I missing?

or you should try to do something simpler to learn how vtes work, like a classic dementation bleeder.

this is slightly patronising, I'm fully aware of how the game works, I'm just not very good at building decks.

More
09 Oct 2012 12:18 #38708 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Osebo NO!
If you're playing a combat deck with very little acceleration, and a bit more of a wall than a rush deck, I highly recommend
- Fame (2 copies)
- Powerbase: Luanda
- Haven Uncovered (2 copies)

That should allow you to cycle some combat cards when your hand is clogged with non-waky/non-intercepty stuff.

Then, the crypt needs to be revised. You're clearly using AUS+CEL. Then make vampires with these disciplines mandatory.
3 Abiku
3 Homa
1 Kisha
1 Camaria
1 Ismitta
1 Uzoma
2 Titi Camara

Master:
Drop Blood Puppy for Powerbase: Montreal, and Bravo (you don't even have a single rush card). Consider Monster or Sociopath instead.

Equipment:
Bang Nakh is sadly very terrible. Torn Signpost + Weighted Walking Stick is strong enough. Drop them.
3 Bowls of Convergence is 2 too many.
I would chante the quipment part to:

1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Blood Shield
1 Ivory Bow / Sengir Dagger
1 Heart of Nizchetus
2 Leather Jacket

Ghoul Messenger is pretty bad. I would have Procurers instead (but they're still not that good).

Sins of the Cauchemard are nice, but I think something like Precognition or Spirit's Touch are better. Precognition prevents 1 damage (difference of 2 blood with Sins of the Cauchemard), and Spirit's Touch gives you a maneuver.

Adding a couple of On the Qui Vive is always good.

Combat:
Concealed Weapon should be dropped for 6 Weighted Walking Sticks.
You don't need that many Earthshocks. Drop 3.
4 Flahes should be enough
Growing Fury is extremely bad. Consider something else instead. Slam, Target Vitals, ...
You can use Brute Force as your strike (but that kind of makes the WWS useless)

Finally, your deck another 5 rushes. Nose of the Hound, Bum's Rush, whatever.

More
09 Oct 2012 12:20 #38710 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Osebo NO!

this is correct, My goal is to weaken my prey so much, or strike enough fear of combat into them that I can slow-bleed them.Clearly I haven't achieved this.

Problem is that it won't work. People will be able to easily gain more pool than you do pool damage (for example, Dmitra can make your prey gain 2 easy pool per turn, and you won't be bleeding for more than two with any competent predator). Or redirect your every bleed and eating the rest of the table before you can beat them.

This is the crux of the matter, I want this to be a combat deck. what am I missing?

Several thing.

If you are not extremely sure of your plan, cramming more than 30 combat card is usually an extremely bad idea.

You are (rightly) focused on :POT: combat, but your crypt lack consistent :POT:, meaning inefficient beating

Bang Nakh, Burning wrath and Growing fury are joke card which have ridiculously low situation where they are useful. The first one is way too expensive and don't allow for Immortal Grapple, and the other two are too narrow.

You can't enter combat with anyone, meaning your prey never fear you as long as he can survive the 2 or 3 pool per turn damage without blocking. And it's very easy to do.

While you do have enough reaction to survive an average, not overly aggressive predator, you will have a lot of pool management problems, and you will have to often stay untapped instead of killing your prey, simply because you have no way to regain pool and your minion are relatively expensive. You should add blood doll or minion tap or thing like that.

Also, you have too many card that cost blood, especially reaction that give +1 intercept. Since you don't have good blood generation, and in combat you take hit since you have no defensive card, you will run out of blood, which may very well mean instand death.

this is slightly patronising, I'm fully aware of how the game works, I'm just not very good at building decks.

This kind of deck is the one people who don't understand how the game work do. Your focus in vtes is alway to oust people, not to beat vampires. Also, combat is the more difficult part of the game, one which is often pretty weak and need a lot of thought.

That's why you should try to begin with something that oust people first, either via bleed or politic, and not something that destroy vampires.

As a last note, there is a lot of reason to believe your community have extremely specifics rules. If you want advices, you should really, really try to make them play the "official" rule, simply because they have a ton of advantage and will allow us to give you more sound advice.

More
09 Oct 2012 12:23 #38712 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Osebo NO!
Its really hard to give advice on house riles like this when many players know what this deck could be.

but ill try. take out the extra copies of all unique but dreams. tiger claws are not optimal. Switch yo either potence grappling or ranged, grapple can use like 3 lids or whatever, but you want to streamline damage output. add blood shield.

combat needs fame/tension/dragonbound to do pool damage in your case. maybe one pulse of c for standing bleed. Drop burnt offerings and sin ftomyour reactions. you would defend better with a no secrets moduel.

house tiles are making your deck bad. period. the grouping thing is letting you get an abnormality optimal crypt, but you want 8 grapples and 7 ish signposts.

take advantage of the grouping nonsense and build all free gargoyles or something that isn't as hampered by the limits
also, this deck needs sideslip, pursuit, psyche, and blur more thanburning wrath, flash, and other sub optimal cards.

I'd argue todrop the card limit so you can actually play vtes the way it was designed. less than 8 grapples, governs, kindred spirits, etc isn't how the deck would exist under real rules. its limiting your playgroup's deckbiulding options and abilities.

hope I helped some, I tried not to be too harsh. kinda.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds