file Osebo NO!

10 Oct 2012 10:55 - 10 Oct 2012 10:55 #38818 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Osebo NO!

The thing is, I'm not an a-hole, and I don't want to become an a-hole just becasue one or two of the players in my group are a-holes.

I play to enjoy myself, and if I'm ruining everyone else's game by playing unfair decks, then I can't enjoy that, guess I'm just too nice eh?

But that's the point — by playing with the current rules it help ensures people play with fair decks. The cards got banned for a reason. The 6 card limit also gives too much of an advantage to certain disciplines / archetypes — so again, sticking to the rules help there...
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 10:55 by Ke..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2012 11:34 #38822 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Osebo NO!

But that's the point — by playing with the current rules it help ensures people play with fair decks. The cards got banned for a reason. The 6 card limit also gives too much of an advantage to certain disciplines / archetypes — so again, sticking to the rules help there...

That is not the help he is asking for, even though we might think that they should follow the VEKN rules since it helps in general balance, he is asking for help for his deck under those specifik rules. Not be be a bastard, but help that is not asked for is seldom well recieved =).

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
10 Oct 2012 11:41 - 10 Oct 2012 11:56 #38823 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Osebo NO!

That is not the help he is asking for, even though we might think that they should follow the VEKN rules since it helps in general balance, he is asking for help for his deck under those specifik rules. Not be be a bastard, but help that is not asked for is seldom well recieved =).

Then again, most people can't give him sound advice because we are not accustomated to that kind of format. And giving him advice to convince people to follow the rule may lead him to play more entertaining games.

(I also believe they are likely to not follow errata)

It is likely that a surprise Return to Innocence can be a good trick in this kind of environnement. But it's unlikely somebody here know whether 1 is enough or 2-3 would be better, or if it's worth it to nudge the capacity a bit higher to get the maximum out of this.

On the same topic, cramming 3-4 delaying tactic, or even the full 6, in a non-camarilla deck in a environment where PTO is not banned, may be very well worth it.

Edit : Tarentula, by the way, Byzar does NOT work with Return to innocence at all, because vampires are removed from play woth RtI, not burned :p
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 11:56 by Ohlmann.

More
10 Oct 2012 12:47 #38824 by DeathInABottle
Replied by DeathInABottle on topic Re: Osebo NO!

I'm not sure where the low level of vitriol in this thread has come from, since nobody is forcing anyone to answer me, it's almost like some people are actually offended that my deck is bad. I didn't just throw some cards together, I took experience from other combat decks I've played and made notes.

I'm also kind of mystified by how aggressive some responses have been. Some good points have been made, but they could have easily been made with less condescension.

More
10 Oct 2012 13:39 #38827 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Osebo NO!

I'm not sure where the low level of vitriol in this thread has come from, since nobody is forcing anyone to answer me, it's almost like some people are actually offended that my deck is bad. I didn't just throw some cards together, I took experience from other combat decks I've played and made notes.

I'm also kind of mystified by how aggressive some responses have been. Some good points have been made, but they could have easily been made with less condescension.

This.

Maybe people just seem agitated because people are doing things differently than they have gotten used to. It's weird anyways.

I'm a fan of using the official rulings, as well as rules in the rulebook (say, about the groupings) to avoid super cheesy stuff. I think that's how the game is at its best. I don't really mind people playing some other way. The game essentially is the same anyways.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
10 Oct 2012 13:48 - 10 Oct 2012 13:55 #38828 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Osebo NO!

Maybe people just seem agitated because people are doing things differently than they have gotten used to. It's weird anyways.

I'm slightly agitated as I've heard of a number of play groups in NZ playing with a 6 card limit and no time limit — and one day I'll probably head back there...

Tarantulus is this an NZ play group?
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 13:55 by Ke..

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds