file Osebo NO!

09 Oct 2012 18:35 #38746 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Osebo NO!
I'd have suggested Flurry of Action/Speed of Thought + Pulse of the Canaille. You'd use Taste of Vitae to refill.

Pack a good handful of Eagle Sights and a good number of 419 Operations.

Well Marked is good.

Settle for Thrown Junk or Bear Hugs...
Thrown Gate + Lid + Sacraments + Earthshocks + Stunt Cycles
versus
Immortal Grapple + Pushing the Limit + Undead Strength + Torn Signposts + maybe a couple of Decapitate

There should be Terra Incognita in this deck. Reduces and flick cancels are just what you're looking for so you can focus the pain forwards.

I'd stay away from the Fame/Tensions type module in this purely because you COULD go for a 419 Operation type strategy which gives you more pool to ignore your predators bleeding/voting.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2012 19:25 #38751 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Osebo NO!

I'm just not very good at building decks.

Why do you think that is?

The questions in the sticky vekn.net/index.php/forum/7-deck-clinic/383-how-to-get-the-best-results-from-deck-clinic-posts are rather useful. Maybe it's just being too far removed from what it was like to be a newer player, but I have a hard time relating to the idea of being bad at building decks. Trial and error will eventually give an idea of what works for someone.

I certainly built terrible decks in the early years, but it was mostly about forgetting to put in Blood Dolls, wakes, and/or bleed bounce. I build terrible decks now, but it's mostly intentional.

After discarding a few Bang Nakh because they are too expensive to equip or wondering why it's worth paying a blood for intercept with Burnt Offerings (the superior is kind of the opposite of what you want to do), can drop such awful cards. After wondering how to work through 15 pool with bleeds of one, a simple search will lead to the copious number of options for transient or permanent bleed - Laibon have Ancestor Spirit, Kduva's Mask, (with Auspex) Ancestor's Insight, and there's always Computer Hacking, bleed retainers, bleed equipment, etc. After having a hand full of intercept and combat and having people walk right by your tapped vampires, will realize that there's nowhere near enough wakes in the deck.

I suppose it's useful for people to think others can improve their decks, after all, most CCG discussion is around deck builds, but I'm surprised at how much people seem to value advice from strangers versus simply playing the game, paying attention to what happens in games, and seeing what the better players in one's group have to say.

More
09 Oct 2012 19:28 #38753 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Osebo NO!
To step off ICL's comments.
Keep records of your social games.
Note down any card you discard more than 1 of in a game.
Note down how many turns you had no wakes when you wanted/needed at least 1.
Etc,etc,etc.

In time you will be able to analyse the deck on your own, and then just ask people things like "Do you think I should use Card X or Card Y in this deck? Why?"

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
09 Oct 2012 19:32 #38754 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Osebo NO!
I would build it as follows:

Deck Name: Osebo rushwall
Created By: Ivan Marin-Rivas
Description:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 36, Avg: 7)
2 Homa AUS CEL POT 6 Osebo
2 Khalu ani AUS CEL POT pro7 Osebo
4 Massassi AUS CEL POT QUI obf9 Osebo
2 Titi Camara pot AUS CEL 5 Osebo
2 Abiku cel obt POT AUS6 Osebo

Library: (81 cards)
Master (13 cards)
1 Powerbase: Luanda
1 Pentex Subversion
4 Villein
2 Blood Doll
1 Powerbase: Montreal
1 Mbare Market, Harare
1 Ancestor Spirit
2 Dreams of the Sphinx

Action (18 cards)
4 Well-Marked
2 Enforcer
4 Preternatural Strength
6 Flurry of Action
2 Pulse of the Canaille

Action Modifier (1 cards)
1 Strange Day

Reaction (26 cards)
6 Eyes of Argus
3 On the Qui Vive
2 Forced Awakening
4 Eagle`s Sight
2 My Enemy`s Enemy
3 Quicken Sight
4 Telepathic Misdirection
2 Precognition

Combat (18 cards)
4 Flash
4 Pursuit
6 Taste of Vitae
2 Blur
2 Side Strike

Retainer (2 cards)
1 Shaman
1 Mr. Winthrop

Equipment (3 cards)
1 Heart of Nizchetus
1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Ivory Bow

The thinking is that basically you're playing a walldeck with a long buildup, you're aiming for a 3 player sitation where you will be the strongest deck. Perfect matchups would be against bigcaps where you get the first turn when the 3 player situation arrives.

You will be doing alot of walling and getting equipment, more strength etc. The main use for the flurry of action will most likely be to draw cards and get the necessary buildup cards. You also have the second win-condition of building up some bleed on your vampires and trying to bruisebleed, this will probably not work until midgame since the combat package is dependent on permanents.

The reason you want a small deck (80) cards and permanents is due to your houserule of 6-card limit, you want each of your cards to be as effective as possible and permanents is the only way combat will work in this environment, also you want to maximize your chances of drawing into the important cards in the deck and thus you need a smaller deck. Even more useful would be a normal celerity/guns walldeck but you seem to want to build Osebo.

Try this and be very careful of who you end up in the endgame with, you might have to let your crosstable buddy die horribly since you are wholly dependant on a decent endgame, you will not be sweeping any tables.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
09 Oct 2012 20:13 #38761 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Osebo NO!
playing Osebo without Blood Shield (one of the best laibon equipement if you want to fight) and zero copies of Ancestor's insight ( -1 / +1 bleed) is too bad. Try to make room for that :)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
09 Oct 2012 20:57 #38763 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Osebo NO!

playing Osebo without Blood Shield (one of the best laibon equipement if you want to fight) and zero copies of Ancestor's insight ( -1 / +1 bleed) is too bad. Try to make room for that :)

I considered both those cards in my version, but Blood Shield is expensive and the deck won't build much on press combat since it will not have grapples, otherwise I would agree. The 6-card limit kind of stumps grappledecks since you can't pack the necessary 8-10, it's more of a jab-deck where you hit for 1-3 (depending on buildup) and check for combat ends to be able to pack on additionals if the coast is clear. If more than well-marked is necessary I would probably add a guardian angel instead in this deck, which does not cost an action and has an additional bonus for the same cost.

As for Ancestor's insight, it's just a bad card imo, and since it's transient bleed it's even worse. But that's just a matter of opinion =).

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds