file Osebo NO!

11 Oct 2012 05:29 - 11 Oct 2012 06:00 #38863 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: Osebo NO!
In the spirit of helping him out, here is a modified deck to fit those house rules.

It won't win any tournaments and the original design has 15 eagle sights, I added ashur tablets so you can pick up eagle sights again.

The idea is to be mainly passive. Block everything your prey does included his (D) actions forward using Eagle Sight. Punish your prey hard. If you predator bleed you, redirect the bleeds to your prey. Pulled Fangs so your prey doesn't get his vampires up from torpor again and Dragonbound/Tension/Fame to finish him off.

If you like you can sacrifice a card to include Powerbase: Luanda.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 6 max: 7 average: 6.33333

4x Khalu 7 AUS CEL POT ani pro Osebo:3
4x Abiku 6 AUS POT cel obt Osebo:4
4x Homa 6 AUS CEL POT Osebo:4

Library [90 cards]

Action [9]
3x Enforcer
3x Heroic Might
3x Well-Marked

Combat [36]
1x Blur
6x Immortal Grapple
2x Psyche!
5x Pulled Fangs
6x Pursuit
6x Sideslip
5x Taste of Vitae
5x Torn Signpost

Equipment [1]
1x Bowl of Convergence

Event [1]
1x Dragonbound

Master [11]
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Base Hunting Ground
1x Fame
1x Mbare Market, Harare
1x Celerity
1x Tension in the Ranks

Reaction [31]
6x Eagle's Sight
6x Eyes of Argus
2x My Enemy's Enemy
6x On the Qui Vive
5x Quicken Sight
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Retainer [1]
1x Mr. Winthrop
Last edit: 11 Oct 2012 06:00 by Chaitan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2012 08:36 #38870 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Osebo NO!

excuse me but the crypt is crap. You will likely play with 2 vampires. Which is quite risky in terms of "block denial can and will happen", "pentex can and will happen".
Please consider adding more vampires or at least some ways to browse your crypt.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
11 Oct 2012 09:14 - 11 Oct 2012 09:15 #38871 by Chaitan

excuse me but the crypt is crap. You will likely play with 2 vampires. Which is quite risky in terms of "block denial can and will happen", "pentex can and will happen".
Please consider adding more vampires or at least some ways to browse your crypt.

I have played with all kinds of combinations and this is a good mix between "what I can afford", "really good vampires for really cheap cost" and "I will minimize bad crypt draw". Adding weenies can easily result in uncessary pool lost from my own tension and dragonbound.

Pentex is annoying but not crippling. There is no star vampire in this deck. If you disable one vampire, two other can still block and it can be tough to defend Pentex against this deck. The pentexed vampire can still deflect bleeds so it's not a total loss.

I said this is not a tournament winner but it is a clear improvement to the original posters deck.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2012 09:15 by Chaitan.

More
11 Oct 2012 11:52 #38889 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Osebo NO!
Then at least add Wider View, several copies. With 3*4 vamps in your crypt, you are quite likely not to see a third (unique) vampire amongst top 6 or 7 crypt cards.

More
11 Oct 2012 14:23 #38895 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Osebo NO!

I'm surprised at how much people seem to value advice from strangers versus simply playing the game

Why can't we have both?

I'm not sure where the low level of vitriol in this thread has come from, since nobody is forcing anyone to answer me, it's almost like some people are actually offended that my deck is bad. I didn't just throw some cards together, I took experience from other combat decks I've played and made notes.

May or may not be including me in here, certainly I can see how my post would come across as condescending. Either way, I'm trying to make a different point that really has nothing to do with the deck. I don't care if decklists are bad. I don't care if people want to play with bad cards. I consider it necessary to my enjoyment of CCGs to play bad cards. Nor do I care about card limits, house rules, or whatever. In recent years, I was playing in a 4CL environment with a house list of banned cards, such as Events being banned but not things like RTI, with some cards played as written and some not. That meant that an old copy of Majesty could be played for free but not a new copy, or an old copy of Pulled Fangs did agg.

May not be interested in this point, but I find it curious to seek advice on a specific deck rather than seek to be a better deck builder. I wasn't asking a rhetorical question. I am curious as to why people think they are bad at building decks. Is it because there isn't a three card limit or four card limit to help limit decisions? Is it because of the nature of V:TES (as compared to another CCG or games without deckbuilding)? Is it because there are too many card options? Is it because of the variety of card types? Having two decks? Poor card flow? Poor card value assessment skills?

You did mention that playtesting anything is difficult, so that helps explain why trial and error isn't as productive. Makes me wonder what the opponents do to build better decks, but whatever.

While I hear from people in conversation about how they think they are bad at building decks often enough, I find it rare for someone to say so on a forum, which is why I found that far more interesting than the deck at hand. If I could, I'd rather help someone be better at building decks than be better at building a specific deck. That may not be of interest and you really just care about the specific deck.

More
11 Oct 2012 18:10 #38903 by Chaitan

With 3*4 vamps in your crypt, you are quite likely not to see a third (unique) vampire amongst top 6 or 7 crypt cards.

Hmm, I got a sudden inspiration of xkcd.com/386/ and started calculating Hypergeometric Distribution and other probability methods but after a few hours I gave up.

I'm fairly sure there is a 29% chance of getting three unique vampires from just a three card draw. The fourth crypt card should have about 40-55% chance of getting scoring a third hit. Then it grows exponentially up to the ninth crypt card which of course is 100% success.

Unfortunately I can't back up my counter claim with real math but I'm sure your claim is extremely exaggerated.

If there are any math guru's out there, I'd love to see a solution to this problem. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds