file Osebo NO!

10 Oct 2012 08:32 - 10 Oct 2012 08:43 #38797 by tarantulus
Replied by tarantulus on topic Re: Osebo NO!

I'm surprised at how much people seem to value advice from strangers versus simply playing the game

Why can't we have both?

My intention was to get advice from you guys to get a halfway decent deck, before playtesting and tweaking with my friends. There are certain players in my regular group who make playtesting impossible, they'll just brainwash the fuck out of you, or play some nasty min/maxed dominant combo so you never get a real "feel" for how your deck plays, hence the decision to come here first.

I'm not sure where the low level of vitriol in this thread has come from, since nobody is forcing anyone to answer me, it's almost like some people are actually offended that my deck is bad. I didn't just throw some cards together, I took experience from other combat decks I've played and made notes.

for reference, some of the choices I made and why:

-melee decks often beaten by maneuvres, throw in earthshock to hit at range

-all of the TWDs I've played, and the meta in my area, suffer from a lack of intercept, throw in lots to mix it up.

-find some way to manage blood, throw in the blood puppy

-once everyone is torpored, bleed to death (granted I was short of wakes, my bad).

I guess the point I was making is that I actually have put some effort into this, I understand the game mechanics and the meta in my area, I'm just not quite *there* yet.

EDIT: I should add that my situation is rather unusual in that, since I play exclusively in a virtual setting (Lackey/OCTGN) access to cards is unlimited and my group refuses to abide by the banned cards list. this is the reason for the six card limit, since we had shit like "Return to innocence + Byzar" spam decks.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 08:43 by tarantulus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myrdin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2012 08:59 #38799 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Osebo NO!

EDIT: I should add that my situation is rather unusual in that, since I play exclusively in a virtual setting (Lackey/OCTGN) access to cards is unlimited and my group refuses to abide by the banned cards list. this is the reason for the six card limit, since we had shit like "Return to innocence + Byzar" spam decks.

Couldn't you find other player online to playe with "regular" rule ?

Else, put some inner circle and 6 PTO. Or play Imbued with Edge Explosion and Memory of Mortalitie. With a bit of tinkering, you should be able to show them *why* thoses cards were banned.

Also, you can do Return to Innocence + Byzar deck easily enough. You just need to fill the deck with 30 burn cards, like Dirty Contract.

More
10 Oct 2012 09:00 #38800 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Osebo NO!

Couldn't you find other player online to playe with "regular" rule ?

Else, put some inner circle and 6 PTO. Or play Imbued with Edge Explosion and Memory of Mortalitie. With a bit of tinkering, you should be able to show them *why* thoses cards were banned.

Also, you can do Return to Innocence + Byzar deck easily enough. You just need to fill the deck with 30+ burn cards, like Dirty Contract.

More
10 Oct 2012 09:03 - 10 Oct 2012 09:04 #38801 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: Osebo NO!

Return to innocence
Added to the V:EKN banned list in 1999

Although this doesn't apply to casual games it is however a good idea copy as many tournament rules as possible.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 09:04 by Chaitan.

More
10 Oct 2012 09:16 - 10 Oct 2012 09:16 #38802 by tarantulus
Replied by tarantulus on topic Re: Osebo NO!

my group refuses to abide by the banned cards list.

Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 09:16 by tarantulus.

More
10 Oct 2012 09:25 #38804 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Osebo NO!

<snip>
for reference, some of the choices I made and why:

-melee decks often beaten by maneuvres, throw in earthshock to hit at range

-all of the TWDs I've played, and the meta in my area, suffer from a lack of intercept, throw in lots to mix it up.

-find some way to manage blood, throw in the blood puppy

-once everyone is torpored, bleed to death (granted I was short of wakes, my bad).

I guess the point I was making is that I actually have put some effort into this, I understand the game mechanics and the meta in my area, I'm just not quite *there* yet.

<snip>

I toss in a few thoughts since I usually play these kind of decks myself.

If you are in a vote heavy meta you will not be able to do well, while the 3-player situation will be in your benefit, if the meta is vote heavy you will get cross table ousted. On the other hand, if you are in a bleed heavy meta you will do quite well since Auspex bounce is very strong, pack in more bounce and you might even start getting some early ousts. In a mixed vote-bleed meta you will do well depending on seating and the game progression. With the right play you will balance the table so that when 3 players are left you will be strong enough to pick up your 3 points and win the table.

Important!: The only time you should torpor the entire table to bleed freely is when there are 3 players left (including you) and you will be able to control both predator and prey simultaniously.

While melee decks lose vs manuevers, you will only be in trouble if it's there are alot of ranged combat decks, in which case you might want to change deck to suit your meta better. You could build a decent aus-cel guns wall with Toreador princes, that way you get alot of wakes and cheap intercept+bounce even with the 6card limit.

Blood puppy is just bad, always consider Villein and blood doll or vessel instead. Both do the job better.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds