file Tournament experiences

14 Nov 2011 18:45 - 14 Nov 2011 18:55 #14155 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Tournament experiences
If somebody mentions a card you see as a problem too please hit the "Thank You"-button so I can see, if there are more people feeling bad about Rock Cat or Deep Song (or Taste of Vitae wtf.).

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 14 Nov 2011 18:55 by Joscha. Reason: Adding Taste of Vitae.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2011 18:48 #14157 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Tournament experiences
1. Ashur Tablets
2. Immortal Grapple
3. Lilith's Blessing
4. Giant's Blood
5. Earth Meld
6. Pentex Subversion
7. Parity Shift
8. Tupdog
9. Freak Drive
10. Voter Captivation
11.Taste of Vitae
12. Heidelberg Castle

I wouldn't add villein here, it's just a blood to pool conversion, problematic are cards that give blood.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
14 Nov 2011 18:48 #14158 by Joscha

Overall though, I'm fairly satisfied with how things are. I don't think we need to change anything (but if we do, then those are some of the cards I think that are more problematic).

If you are happy with the game so far I think you shouldn't feel the urge to list cards as problematic. So I won't add those cards to the list, if you don't mind.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
14 Nov 2011 18:55 #14159 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Tournament experiences
Villein - This is a very weird design. There was a discussion about bloat being too easy with Blood Doll and Minion Tap. Tables timed out. So Vessel was made to hose Blood Doll, which was successful. Then Villein came to hose Minion Tap, and just completely took it´s place. I feel games time out more than ever now - I might be misinformed, but I´ve heard something about 15 of 24 tables timed out in turn 1 of the FCC yesterday. And with Lilith´s Blessing it gets even better.

Ashur Tablets - Has made recurssion too strong. I think VTES should be more about players interaction by minions taking actions than players looking in ash heaps, shuffling their decks and playing solitaire. Leave that to MTG.

(Note: I don´t like errata/banning/etc, I prefer some decent, versatile hosers. For master-recurssion cards like Trochomancy and Erciyes Fragments are nice, but not enough. For Villein I don´t know - maybe a card like Powerbase Luanda enabling rushes targeting Villeined vamps or Bahari could be something. Just from the top of my head.)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
14 Nov 2011 18:58 #14160 by Joscha
Villein and Ashur Tablets are already on the list. Please safe up arguments until the discussion thread is available. Thank you.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
14 Nov 2011 19:13 #14162 by brandonsantacruz
Thumbs down on No Secrets From the Magaji.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Ummon

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds