file Tournament experiences

14 Nov 2011 15:39 - 14 Nov 2011 15:40 #14125 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Tournament experiences
I would like to remind you that the thread starter specifically asked not to actually discuss the cards or opinions in this thread but instead just write which cards you think are or are becoming a problem in the game. If you think the game is fine as it is, then there is no reason to post here.

I suppose if 10-12 people think Giant's Blood or Lilith's Blessing are too strong *because* they force you to play a specific counter to them, then that fact warrants its own discussion where you can state your opinion.
Last edit: 14 Nov 2011 15:40 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2011 15:55 - 14 Nov 2011 15:56 #14129 by acbishop
Replied by acbishop on topic Re: Tournament experiences
if only people who think there are cards becoming a problem in the game post here we won't have real statistics about what people think. So, you think some cards are becoming a problem., fine with that.

Thiago and I we think the game is good as it is.

I didn't want to look like I was attacking your post or anything like that, so I apologize if you feel that way.

:vtes:
Last edit: 14 Nov 2011 15:56 by acbishop.

More
14 Nov 2011 16:21 #14132 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Tournament experiences
From what I've seen, Lilith's Blessing is mainly a problem only because of Villein (Villein + master phase action with Lilith's Blessing being the most common use). So the root problem here is mainly Villein (and the Trifle aspect), not necessarily Lilith's Blessing on its own.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
14 Nov 2011 16:53 #14141 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Tournament experiences
Parity Shift - questionably balanced, but mostly I don't think it goes in the spirit of the game. much of VTES is about pool management, either spend it on permanents or keep it in reserve to avoid getting ousted. and here's this one single card that strongly rewards you for losing/spending pool. this is called "Rubber Banding" in videogames, where usually only the AI gets to benefit. it's very silly to see it in a competitive multiplayer game.

Ashur Tablets - I hate how sometimes the whole table has to wait 5 minutes for the card to be resolved because the player is indecisive about what 13 cards to take back. and then deciding which 1 card to bring to hand. and then which 1 card to discard. and then shuffling the deck. and then not sure if they gained the 3 pool. HURRY UP PEOPLE!

More
14 Nov 2011 18:06 - 15 Nov 2011 09:55 #14148 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Tournament experiences
My plan is to put up a short, straight discussion about one card each in which every interested VEKN-member can state his point of view ONCE and strengthen it with facts and arguments, followed by a poll with different options of nerfing and, most important, NO nerfing of course.

I'm tired of these 12 pages-threads where 3-5 people just repeat the obvious POVs and come to no decision. Maybe this time we can make clear statements and come to an end very soon with a poll. This poll doesn't guarantee anything of course, neither nerf or keep it that way. But it will hopefully be a valid score of the interested and caring players. Maybe the Rulesteam / Pascal Bertrand could keep these poll results in mind when deciding about cards.

So first a short discussion for about 7 days.
After that a poll about the suggested changes or no change for another 14 days.

You are free to let all players know of those polls. I'd be glad if you could place a hint in all forums.

The list of problematic cards so far:

1. Ashur Tablets
2. Villein
3. Lilith's Blessing
4. Giant's Blood
5. Maris Streck
6. Heart of Nizchetus
7. Parity Shift
8. Target Vitals
9. No Secrets from the Magaji
10. Tupdog
11. Liquidation

I try to be neutral here, but I don't want to discuss possibly every card in the game. We have to focus on real problems, otherwise this leads to nothing (again). Please try to be serious about this thread. I don't want you to mention cards like Voter Captivation or Immortal Grapple. We should limit this thread to cards which many players see a problem in.

Of course this also is a thread for the people, who don't want any change at all. Please don't try to counter every argument of the other participants in the following discussions. Just say why you like the card the way it is and vote in favour of no change. If you like to convince a poster I suggest to do it in PMs. My goal is to have a clear pro/contra thread, where a VEKN-member can follow the POVs and come to his own conclusions for the poll. I hope you all want that too.

I'd like to start the first thread for a card about Wednesday, because the players that participated in the EC need time to recover, allright?

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 15 Nov 2011 09:55 by Joscha. Reason: Added cards to the list

More
14 Nov 2011 18:42 - 14 Nov 2011 18:44 #14153 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Tournament experiences
I would hardly put Giant's Blood or Rock Cat on that list. And I'd be hesitant about how big of a problem Maris Streck is.

I would definitely add Deep Song, No Secrets of the Magaji, Touch of Clarity, and Una. Maybe Eyes of Argus, New Carthage, and Summon History.

I know other people would definitely want to add Pentex to that list (though I don't think Pentex is that big of a problem).

Overall though, I'm fairly satisfied with how things are. I don't think we need to change anything (but if we do, then those are some of the cards I think that are more problematic).

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 14 Nov 2011 18:44 by echiang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds