file Tournament experiences

15 Nov 2011 21:17 #14458 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Tournament experiences

4. Target Vitals
- No other target is considered.

Target Hand is great with Trap in low(ish) combat environment against fatties.

But yeah, TV is kinda too much of a no brainer.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
15 Nov 2011 21:54 #14471 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Tournament experiences

4. Target Vitals
- No other target is considered.

Target Hand is great with Trap in low(ish) combat environment against fatties.

But yeah, TV is kinda too much of a no brainer.

Yeah. I mean, did it actually need the 'opposing minion cannot use presses this round' clause?

I wouldn't say T:V is overpowered, though - at least not in the same way as Villein, or Lilith's! And let's not call those cards overpowered. Game breaking would be more accurate.

And T:V is a really cool addition to some decks. Even though Lucky Blow is more than redundant these days...

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
16 Nov 2011 13:15 #14539 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Tournament experiences

And T:V is a really cool addition to some decks. Even though Lucky Blow is more than redundant these days...

Then again, you can use them both.

Say, with Mr. Muddles (aka. Muddled Vampire Hunter)...
Now if one could easily add a superior Inspire Greatness to that too...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Nov 2011 14:25 - 16 Nov 2011 15:20 #14546 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Tournament experiences

My goal is to get a good evaluation about if the majority of people really think that there are problematic cards around.

No offense, but this is an impossible endeavor. Most of the people who play VTES don't even post here. There's no way to use this site as a way to find out what the majority of VTES players think about anything, unfortunately.

Yep, true. But we can look what the majority of those people think, who read this forum regularly. That at least. I think these people are very interested in the game and sacrifice a lot of time for their hobby. So I hope they make up their minds and come to an honest conclusion.

I will start the first four threads now, the others will follow after 3 or 4 days. I don't want to flood the forum that much. Sorry for the "double" because Xaddam raised the issue in addition. I hope to get a clear seperation between the cards so you can look at the cons and pros before vote in the later poll.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 16 Nov 2011 15:20 by Joscha.

More
16 Nov 2011 16:25 #14587 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Tournament experiences

Yep, true. But we can look what the majority of those people think, who read this forum regularly. That at least. I think these people are very interested in the game and sacrifice a lot of time for their hobby. So I hope they make up their minds and come to an honest conclusion.

Sure. Don't get me wrong, as a discussion topic, I think what you've done here is a good idea. I just want to make sure that you're not mistaking that discussion for a meaningful representation of anything like what the majority of people who play VTES necessarily think about these cards.

Why can't a forum have an 'agenda' like a meeting? The point of having a topic line in a forum is to have the discussion about the topic in the title. Last time I checked there are people at the other end of all of these internet posts and 'blaming the internet' for why people can't stick on topic is like blaming the ocean for rainclouds.

I wasn't blaming the internet or apologizing for it. I was explaining how it works. Are you actually surprised by the fact that people often don't want to submit to an autocratic declaration of what they're allowed to talk about and how they're allowed to talk about it?

More
16 Nov 2011 20:28 #14642 by Juggernaut1981

I wasn't blaming the internet or apologizing for it. I was explaining how it works. Are you actually surprised by the fact that people often don't want to submit to an autocratic declaration of what they're allowed to talk about and how they're allowed to talk about it?

Here's my point about "allowed and not allowed". You can talk about anything you darned well please... if that doesn't match the topic, you are free to start your own thread somewhere else on another topic. But please, for the benefit of those who DO want to engage in a particular topic, don't hijack threads. It's about being polite, having conversations that are relevant to the ideas and its not 'autocratic'... the internet is an opt-in scenario. You don't have to post, you can just read it and walk away.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds