file Tournament experiences

17 Nov 2011 00:54 #14668 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Tournament experiences

6. Liquidation. A storyline card that was not playtested, AFAIK.

Liquidation was in the 10th Anniversary Set, not in a storyline.
You're right about the absence of playtesting though.

You've indicted 2 of 10 from that set.

Seems that 3 of 10 are very popular, the other 7 almost never see play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2011 01:13 #14671 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Tournament experiences

1. Carlton van Wyck. He appears in every game I play. He is too cheap for what he does.

Probably too cheap. And I've gotten to the point that every deck I build has a way to deal with Carlton (i.e. when I'm putting a deck together, one of the questions I have to answer is "what does it do if Carleton hits the table?"). But not so over the top that he needs something done. He doesn't ruin games or make certain decks pointless. Mostly, he is just a drag to run into, and shows up all the time.

2. Villein. According to reports, it was not playtested in its current form.

Yeah, as previously noted, we never saw Villein in its final form, but saw 3 versions of it before it hit the final form of publication. If it said "A vampire may only have 1 Villein", it would probably be fine.

5. Lilith's Blessing. A storyline card that was not playtested, AFAIK.

I'm pretty sure it was in one of the playtest sets. I don't know that it got playtested *much*, but I'm pretty sure it was in there somewhere.

6. Liquidation. A storyline card that was not playtested, AFAIK.

Wasn't a storyline card; was in the 10th boxes. I don't remember seeing it as a playtest card, however.

9. Parity Shift.

It is just stupidly too good and always has been. And is one of those cards that makes building decks that not use it, but should, pointless ("Hmm. Sabbat vote deck? Why bother...").

More
17 Nov 2011 16:42 #14761 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Tournament experiences

It's about being polite, having conversations that are relevant to the ideas and its not 'autocratic'...

In the first post of this thread, Joscha told people what they could and couldn't post.

More
17 Nov 2011 16:51 #14763 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Tournament experiences

It's about being polite, having conversations that are relevant to the ideas and its not 'autocratic'...

In the first post of this thread, Joscha told people what they could and couldn't post.

Well, I asked them to please don't discuss the matter in this thread. I think this is more a polite request than a command ;) .

Baron of Frankfurt

More
17 Nov 2011 16:55 #14766 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Tournament experiences

Well, I asked them to please don't discuss the matter in this thread. I think this is more a polite request than a command ;) .

STOP OPPRESSING MY PEOPLE
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
27 Nov 2011 18:08 #16193 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Tournament experiences
After some polls and discussions of some cards I'd like to get a feedback if you like me to go on or if you want to have a break of it.

As you can see we have some cards left on the list. Although I have to say that at least the people I've met didn't have a problem with those.

So please let me know if you are exhausted of those discussions or if we should go on.

The list of problematic cards so far:

1. Ashur Tablets
2. Villein
3. Lilith's Blessing
4. Giant's Blood
5. Maris Streck
6. Heart of Nizchetus
7. Parity Shift
8. Target Vitals
9. No Secrets from the Magaji
10. Tupdog
11. Liquidation

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds