file Tournament experiences

15 Nov 2011 08:50 #14250 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Tournament experiences
I would add additionally:

1. Jack Washington (Hunter)
2. Anthelios
3. Direct Intervention

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 12:04 - 15 Nov 2011 12:07 #14279 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Tournament experiences
I just want to mention, that most problematic cards are so because of environment, so changes in it can greatly change the list of such cards.

My list by now:
Villein
Ashur tablets
Govern the un...
both DI
Parity shift
All multiple Master Phase Vamps

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 15 Nov 2011 12:07 by elotar.

More
15 Nov 2011 16:53 #14357 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Tournament experiences

My goal is to get a good evaluation about if the majority of people really think that there are problematic cards around.

No offense, but this is an impossible endeavor. Most of the people who play VTES don't even post here. There's no way to use this site as a way to find out what the majority of VTES players think about anything, unfortunately.

More
15 Nov 2011 18:54 #14397 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Tournament experiences
It's weird how people deliberately disregard the original intent of the topic, even though it was often explained by the author... :unsure:

Villein, just because, and Lilith's Blessing with it. Those were just unnecessary. Villein for multiple of reasons, Lilith's because of Villein, and the lack of Unique status.

There are tricky things in the game, and Ashur Tablets might be one to add on the list, but it's not really that much of an issue compared to Villein.

So:

Villein
Lilith's Blessing

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
15 Nov 2011 19:31 - 15 Nov 2011 19:32 #14414 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Tournament experiences

It's weird how people deliberately disregard the original intent of the topic, even though it was often explained by the author... :unsure:

Well, while I can understand Joscha's desire to constrain the discussion in a certain way, that's not how the internet works.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." Some Assamite said that about online forums once, if I remember correctly. ;)
Last edit: 15 Nov 2011 19:32 by Kushiel.

More
15 Nov 2011 21:00 #14454 by Juggernaut1981

Well, while I can understand Joscha's desire to constrain the discussion in a certain way, that's not how the internet works.

Why can't a forum have an 'agenda' like a meeting? The point of having a topic line in a forum is to have the discussion about the topic in the title. Last time I checked there are people at the other end of all of these internet posts and 'blaming the internet' for why people can't stick on topic is like blaming the ocean for rainclouds.

[/end rant and diversion of thread on my part]

1. Villein
- Hoses Minion Tap
- Trifle
- Overpowered synergy with Lillith's Blessing
- Dislike the ruling that 'move' = 'steal' (as per the LSJ ruling on Villein)
((I still think that Voter Cap should have been the target of our Minion-Tap Bloating Hatred and Villein need not have been created))

2. Any "Auto-Include" card.
- If it 'must' go in any deck than it is probably too powerful. This does exclude 'staple' cards (e.g. Blood Doll/Vessel, Wakes, etc) but is meant to include cards like Carlton, Pentex, Wash, etc. Those cards that people immediately ask "How are you going to deal with X?"
- This could potentially include the free easy availability of Dominate-flick but that's a separate debate

3. Heart of Cheating
- I think the hand customisation ability is too strong. I'd be happy with "Look at the top 3 cards and reorder them any way you please" or "Look at the top 3 cards, place two of them on the bottom of your library and one in your hand (discard as usual)" or similar... but there is no real cost to this card. You lose no library material and pay 1 pool to be able to customise your hand in perpetuity.
- Player indecisiveness (which is people's issue with Ashur Tablets)

4. Target Vitals
- No other target is considered. This at least shows that T:V is well above the power curve of the other Targets.
- +2 damage usually only comes about with :pot: for 1 blood or at :POT:, sure it is preventable two ways (discarding cards, preventing the initial strike) but it is still a very big effect.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lemminkäinen

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds