file Hear the rumor about the WoD Living Card Game?

11 Mar 2013 02:29 #45952 by LordNat

From what I have seen the game seems to be V:TES with rule updates to modern gaming standards.

What make you think that by the way ? The information on this thread are for a game with only a passing ressemblance to VtES, which may or may not be good, but which seem mainly different.

People worried about the same stuff when Android: Netrunner was announced and we see what happened there. The heart of the game is still the same just the body got an upgrade with cleaner rules and modern updates. The game at it's core will still be V:TES just might not look like it at first glance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2013 03:54 #45955 by brm130
Honestly I'd be OK with a game I can actually play compared to a game I wish I could.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jesper, vragozakas

More
11 Mar 2013 07:01 #45957 by Ohlmann

People worried about the same stuff when Android: Netrunner was announced and we see what happened there. The heart of the game is still the same just the body got an upgrade with cleaner rules and modern updates. The game at it's core will still be V:TES just might not look like it at first glance.

In short, nobody know if it really have something in common, and you believe so because Netrunner android exist.

More
11 Mar 2013 10:05 #45963 by brm130
FFG has a history of licensing neglected games and doing awesome things with them. Netrunner is extremely relevant, but so is the Call of Cthulhu CCG, Arkham Horror, Fury of Dracula, BattleLore, and the Dark Heresy RPG - all of which were developed / published originally by other companies, and all of which turned out to great in FFG's hands.

More
11 Mar 2013 10:13 #45964 by Ohlmann

FFG has a history of licensing neglected games and doing awesome things with them. Netrunner is extremely relevant

all of which turned out to great in FFG's hands.

Full disclaimer : I believe completely that Netrunner android have good rules changes, but extremely shitty card and general feeling.

That being said, we already know this is not a game on vampire, that it focus on a single city instead of the whole world, that the political system is changed completely, and ditto for the combat system. At this point, the similarity between VtES and this project seem to be the same as between magic and WoW TCG.

Maybe, beside my reserve, the game will be good, but I want to stress out that the current information are mainly that it's a different game completely.

More
11 Mar 2013 10:34 #45965 by Ashur

From what I have seen the game seems to be V:TES with rule updates to modern gaming standards.

What make you think that by the way ?

I agree, that is a very relevant question. LordNat, what are your sources?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds