file Hear the rumor about the WoD Living Card Game?

11 Mar 2013 10:38 #45966 by Lech
[quote="Ohlmann" post=45964
That being said, we already know this is not a game on vampire, that it focus on a single city instead of the whole world, that the political system is changed completely, and ditto for the combat system. At this point, the similarity between VtES and this project seem to be the same as between magic and WoW TCG.

Maybe, beside my reserve, the game will be good, but I want to stress out that the current information are mainly that it's a different game completely.[/quote]

Both of those are very similar. If the rumored wod game is also Library/Crypt (even with a "hero" card, doesn't matters much), more than 2 players, 30 (or similar) pool that is used to influence minions and auto-replace cards ... it can be very good game.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2013 11:41 #45971 by LordNat

From what I have seen the game seems to be V:TES with rule updates to modern gaming standards.

What make you think that by the way ?

I agree, that is a very relevant question. LordNat, what are your sources?

The continuing topics on /tg/ about it. 4chan has a strong history of being a place where games are leaked as it is completely anonymous so I am following the reports coming out of there.

More
11 Mar 2013 12:26 #45974 by Toqtamish
If this is true I for one am very happy about it. Will be nice to actually be able to play this game.

Similar to Netrunner there will be people feeling like "their game" is going to be ruined. However Netrunner is hugely popular and very successful and a great game.

More
11 Mar 2013 13:09 #45975 by Brum
Please feel free to ignore this post.

<Conspiracy Theory>
I'm feeling very conspiracy-theorist today, so here goes:
-I see (most) people here talking about this "project" like a good thing with 7 or less total posts on the forum.

This might be a (very smart) way of FFG to see the pulse in the biggest community of VtES in the planet, and see if an idea like this could grow into success.
Yes, I might be way out of reality. Again, please feel free to ignore this and don't feel offended.
If anything else, I'm complimenting you.
<\Conspiracy Theory>

Regardless, if FFG (or any one else) picks up VtES (or something remotely similar), please learn from the nWoD jump to nWoD.
Or at least talk to the VEKN IC and NCs, before doing something stupid.
Clearly we are driven and passionate about the game enough to travel, do tournaments with reasonably big numbers and organize the game locally.
On our own.

More
11 Mar 2013 14:58 #45993 by johannes
Well, I know nothing about this. But I have grown my ears a couple of inches and try to find out something.

That being said, judging from the information we have this seems to be a 2 player(?) nWoD game with more simplistic rules than our oWoD 5 player game. The two might co-exist or the potential FFG product could even be an entry gateway. But I am just speculating as anyone else.

More
11 Mar 2013 15:02 #45997 by Ohlmann

However Android Netrunner is [...] a great game.

Well, depend on the person. If they paid a bit more attention to have an actual cyberpunk feel and had designed better the card, I would have played more than once.

Also, for the current game, that the game is great or not have no relation with it 'replacing' vtes. I know a lot of Eurogame that I feel superior to VtES, but I still play VtES.

This might be a (very smart) way of FFG to see the pulse in the biggest community of VtES in the planet, and see if an idea like this could grow into success.

Well, a lot of the people interested in this thread are newcomer, or at least people not interested in general VtES discussion. So, at the very least, they can conclude there is interest :p

Regardless, if FFG (or any one else) picks up VtES (or something remotely similar), please learn from the WoD jump to nWoD.
Or at least talk to the VEKN IC and NCs, before doing something stupid.
Clearly we are driven and passionate about the game enough to travel, do tournaments with reasonably big numbers and organize the game locally.
On our own.

The example of Netrunner and the current information make me believe that people should not expect it to replace VtES, especially not overnight. The information is "a new game inspired somewhat by VtES", not "the new VtES". One of the only sure thing is that cards will be incompatible, and it seem likely that the lore feeling will be extremely bad on the new game.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds