file Hear the rumor about the WoD Living Card Game?

11 Mar 2013 15:10 #45998 by LordNat

Well, I know nothing about this. But I have grown my ears a couple of inches and try to find out something.

That being said, judging from the information we have this seems to be a 2 player(?) nWoD game with more simplistic rules than our oWoD 5 player game. The two might co-exist or the potential FFG product could even be an entry gateway. But I am just speculating as anyone else.

The topic on /tg/ last night talked about how last playtest they had people play in groups of 4. I think the game is going to be designed for 3-4 players and then have a 2nt set of rules for 2 player (AGoT does this).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2013 17:58 #46010 by Lech

The example of Netrunner and the current information make me believe that people should not expect it to replace VtES, especially not overnight. The information is "a new game inspired somewhat by VtES", not "the new VtES". One of the only sure thing is that cards will be incompatible, and it seem likely that the lore feeling will be extremely bad on the new game.

Lore feeling may be ok, depends how executed.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
11 Mar 2013 18:13 #46014 by Ohlmann

My position is that full crossover - with four games taken as main actor - have never been successful, and in fact have spawned some of the worst book in the WoD. For example, Chaos Factor is both comical and sad, and I would put it as the third worst WoD book I have read.

This apply a lot less to have a main universe (for example, vampire), and hint of other surnatural which are pretty minor. For example, mage being present and having spawned the Tremere is fine ; having the Technocracy, the Pentex and the Giovanni both governing the world finance is problematic.

Of course, you can believe that some books have done a good job at this. I disagree, but it's very subjective, it's not like there can be a definitive truth for that.

More
11 Mar 2013 19:45 #46017 by Lech

My position is that full crossover - with four games taken as main actor - have never been successful, and in fact have spawned some of the worst book in the WoD. For example, Chaos Factor is both comical and sad, and I would put it as the third worst WoD book I have read.

This apply a lot less to have a main universe (for example, vampire), and hint of other surnatural which are pretty minor. For example, mage being present and having spawned the Tremere is fine ; having the Technocracy, the Pentex and the Giovanni both governing the world finance is problematic.

Of course, you can believe that some books have done a good job at this. I disagree, but it's very subjective, it's not like there can be a definitive truth for that.

Well, chaos factor isn't any good, true. But don't dismiss crossover just because someone wrote crap book about it.

IMO, limiting area to just one city is WAY better than current vtes (where prince of glasgow block canite hunting in sydney, wtf?).

Vtes also have many crossovers already - hunters, werewolf decks, wraiths. Combat between werewolves and vampires happens quite often. It CAN be done right. It may be done wrong, time will tell. I'm personally happy every time new wod game (any game, not just tcg) see the light of day.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
11 Mar 2013 20:01 #46018 by Ashur
I´m sad to say this, but I don´t think WoD works as a crossover world at all. Each game is very, very good on it´s own, but as soon as you start mixing things up it get´s ugly.

I don´t know if this was fixed in nWoD (which the this new game is based on? Which would be weird, as oWoD is back in 20th Anniversary Edition and that MMORPG which don´t ever seem to fly)

Nope, I don´t think vamps, garou, mages, wraiths and changelings should be mixed. If I was ever to roleplay VTM again, it would be with other supernaturals as obscure antagonists (kind of as described in the first VTM rulebook).

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
12 Mar 2013 07:15 #46021 by Ohlmann

Well, chaos factor isn't any good, true. But don't dismiss crossover just because someone wrote crap book about it.

But each and every crossover book was crappy - admitelly less than Chaos Factor but still extremely subpar. My point is not "one crappy book have been done", but "every attempt until now was crappy"

It include non-WW attempt in my experience by the way. I have not seen ingenious fans coming up with good way to make all games work together.

Vtes also have many crossovers already - hunters, werewolf decks, wraiths. Combat between werewolves and vampires happens quite often.

This apply a lot less to have a main universe (for example, vampire), and hint of other surnatural which are pretty minor. For example, mage being present and having spawned the Tremere is fine

Kind of already addressed points. When you have werewolf as minor actor, it work a lot better than when you try to cram together the Glasswalker, technocracy, Giovanni, and Ventrue in the same financial place.

Nope, I don´t think vamps, garou, mages, wraiths and changelings should be mixed. If I was ever to roleplay VTM again, it would be with other supernaturals as obscure antagonists (kind of as described in the first VTM rulebook).

That's what I believe should be done. It's more or less what is done in VtES ; the werewolf society at large is not really seen, the tribes are not seen (except the distinction corruped garou | regular garou), the fomori aren't present either, etc etc.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds