file Hear the rumor about the WoD Living Card Game?

08 Mar 2013 16:22 #45904 by Count Orlok
With the tepid pulse of the game at present, I'll be happy to have a new game to get some new embraces. I will definitely try any new game that comes along, and can still play regular VTES with fan expansions. I'm totally fine with that.

I'm curious about some of the choices though. If it's four distinct factions, won't that limit deckbuilding? I presume that vampires and hunters won't have any overlap in disciplines, so that leaves less room for mixing and matching. I also presume you can't mix them in a deck at all, which is a damn shame. I like the idea in concept, but I'm a bit wary of execution.

Also, with only four disciplines, how much variety can you have? Assuming voting is out, won't the disciplines for each faction break down along these lines:

- Stealth
- Bleed
- Intercept
- Combat

Again, not a lot of variety. Leaves me a bit worried.

So if it were to come down to the four factions, would the strength of their disciplines be something like this (in descending order):
Vampires: Stealth, Bleed, Combat, Intercept
Werewolves: Combat, Intercept, Bleed, Stealth (Not sure how sneaky they are, honestly)
Hunters: Intercept, Combat, Stealth, Bleed
Mages: Bleed?, Stealth?, Combat, Intercept (I really don't know)

I don't have a lot of knowledge with the oWoD, but I'm interested in speculations. Yes, I know, this is only speculation.

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2013 16:50 #45905 by Killjoy71
Is it only me...A weird impression comes to mind...

A vampire version of netrunner...?

I am currently sick with the flu... do not quote me as a source. Deliriumm is strong within me at the moment.B-)

VTES is not for the faint of heart...especially when you don't have a enough blood.

Prince Of Geneva

More
08 Mar 2013 20:55 #45909 by ReverendRevolver
Vaguely interesting, but not as much so as vtes. The entirety of either wod setting is hard as a cardgame with all factions, but nwod is easier, if less interestimg.
I may pick it up and try to recruit vtes players with it, but im skeptical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann

More
08 Mar 2013 21:29 #45911 by Ohlmann

Vaguely interesting, but not as much so as vtes. The entirety of either wod setting is hard as a cardgame with all factions, but nwod is easier, if less interestimg.
I may pick it up and try to recruit vtes players with it, but im skeptical.

Pretty much this.

A giant crossover game in the owod is all kind of ridicule. I can't wait to see weredinosaur teaming up with follower of set to oust a menacing sidhe.

A giant crossover game in the nwod just seem bland. And there is certainly a lot of ridiculous situation in it too.

Quite frankly, the few information this thread show make me believe this will end up as an inferior version of Nightfall.

More
10 Mar 2013 06:50 #45928 by agzocgud

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
10 Mar 2013 14:08 - 10 Mar 2013 14:14 #45933 by Lönkka
First one seems to have dissapeared:
"404 Not Found"

EDIT:
Ah, the BGG thread has links to archives...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 10 Mar 2013 14:14 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds