file Hear the rumor about the WoD Living Card Game?

13 Mar 2013 15:18 #46050 by Ohlmann

Ok I will give you that, but White Wolf well really CCP has differing focus at this point. They are banking hard on their MMO working and selling their micro-transactions within it. CCGs are a huge investment on the publishers side so I don't see them really going back into that market with how volatile it can be.

Unlikely thing happen all the time.

It's not that your analysis is wrong. It's that miracles happen, generally alway unexpected but more often than what you'd expect. (the last one I seen were when I discovered that Dragon Dice - an even more minor game of the same age than VtES - was still alive and kickin')

The LCG have a potential of being a threat, but it have a slim chance of being a boon. Having a true revival is unlikely but possible. An LCG editor may send cease and desist to revival attempt, but they may also understand this is another game completely, for example because they believe the game and/or the community is useful to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2013 15:44 #46051 by LordNat

Unlikely thing happen all the time.

It's not that your analysis is wrong. It's that miracles happen, generally alway unexpected but more often than what you'd expect. (the last one I seen were when I discovered that Dragon Dice - an even more minor game of the same age than VtES - was still alive and kickin')

The LCG have a potential of being a threat, but it have a slim chance of being a boon. Having a true revival is unlikely but possible. An LCG editor may send cease and desist to revival attempt, but they may also understand this is another game completely, for example because they believe the game and/or the community is useful to them.

When they announced Android: Netrunner there was a fan project to revive the game and they did not ask it to stop. That said it died almost the moment that they released the game as generally considered one of the best games ever made so even the most diehard Netrunner players converted.

More
13 Mar 2013 15:50 #46052 by Ohlmann

That said it died almost the moment that they released the game as generally considered one of the best games ever made so even the most diehard Netrunner players converted.

So I am the most diehard fan of Netrunner :p

More seriously, if VtES die because everybody convert to another game, so be it. There is a problem only if there is still a real amount of vtes player which are being harassed by the new game owner out of fear for its own game.

Of course, since I am not confident on this game quality for now (nor that it's a replacement for VtES either), I fear that this future LCG may be unsuccessful at least at first and that the effort of FFG to make it successful will be harmful to VtES. That's the worst case scenario, which is unlikely. If VtES "die" simply because a better game replace it, it's more or less a best case scenario for me.

More
13 Mar 2013 17:12 #46054 by Brum
Best case scenario for me is someone picking up the game and trying to integrate the old stuff with new stuff they would develop.
So that would be for FFG to pick up VtES.

More
13 Mar 2013 17:25 - 13 Mar 2013 17:25 #46055 by LordNat
Looks like there was another Play Test yesterday.
boards.4chan.org/tg/res/23662190

Playtest report:
Me and 4 of my friends went down to the FFG Event Center last night to play some Netrunner and they ended up doing a playtest of WoD: LCG. We all made sure to made as many mental notes as we can and all compared what we learned.

They was a Hunter deck and what seemed to be a new Faction, we agreed it was likely Changeling, it focused on Stealth and traps that hurt people if they block you.

Combat was playable. Seems to follow V:TES mostly but they removed range and maneuvers over all. Pressing into more rounds of combat was still there.

Hunters focused on aggravated damage so most people avoided combat honestly.

Hunter's faction card gave you one extra press in combat per turn and the Changeling card was +1 Stealth on your 2nt action of the turn.

Politics saw some more play and worked well from what we saw. All the political cards seemed to be neutral in theme.

That was the big stuff we saw. I can try to cover any questions people ask.

Last edit: 13 Mar 2013 17:25 by LordNat.

More
13 Mar 2013 17:53 #46056 by Count Orlok
I'm curious whether FFG does all of their playtesting internally. I'm sure there are many VTES players who would like some input in the process.

Glad to see they're keeping agg damage. I'm a little iffy on removing range, however.

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds