file What is missing from VtES?

20 Jan 2017 12:46 #80307 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic What is missing from VtES?

You don't see a problem with guaranteed cheap destruction of equipment?

It still not guaranteed - you can dodge, which is a basic effect of many S:CE cards.

Personnaly If ANI deck will rush me and then play CH to kill Learjet instead of CC+AfB I would laugh and obviously not play S:CE.

And, I think, in general destroying of equipment by spending two cards is not what we are calling "too good" in VtES.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2017 14:07 - 20 Jan 2017 14:07 #80308 by TwoRazorReign

With something like First Strike, I can see the merit in eliminating it from the rulebook and changing the text of the cards that use it. Sure, it's not a complex rule, but it sees game use in very few instances (in practice, almost exclusively Canine Horde). The effect could be moved out of the rulebook and onto the cards. Perhaps we (the Design Team) could instead make more use of First Strike.

I assume you are someone who has played the game for a very long time. Take a step back for a moment. Pretend you know nothing about the game. You are playing with a group that is very far from tournament level, with new players being brought in constantly. You build a deck around first strike. Your deck does well because nobody in the playgroup is in the mindset of stuffing their decks with S:CE or other things that work better than first strike.

My point is: should proposed fix really be made on the basis of first strike having limited application at the tournament level?
Last edit: 20 Jan 2017 14:07 by TwoRazorReign.

More
20 Jan 2017 15:35 - 20 Jan 2017 15:38 #80309 by elotar

You build a deck around first strike.

Your deck does well...

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: Lol

By the way I don't get what your "point" has to do with what Ben has said.

Last edit: 20 Jan 2017 15:38 by elotar.

More
20 Jan 2017 15:45 - 20 Jan 2017 15:46 #80310 by TwoRazorReign

You build a deck around first strike.

Your deck does well...

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: Lol

By the way your point has absolutely nothing to do with what Ben has said.

Lol! I knew that'd get a laugh!

So, he was saying that perhaps first strike could be removed because it "sees game use in very few instances" and cited Canine Horde. That's only true at the tournament level. It could see more use in less competitive environments. That's my rationale for not changing first strike.
Last edit: 20 Jan 2017 15:46 by TwoRazorReign.

More
20 Jan 2017 17:51 #80311 by Oortje
Replied by Oortje on topic What is missing from VtES?
What is missing....

I was always intrested in magic and other ccgs as well and they had a rotation system. I always expected group 1 and 2 to rotate out. Same goes for all cards from start till the first set that released group 3 camarilla vampires. Limitations in deck options give oppertunities to clans and groups you were not previously expecting to be strong. Its worth exploring I think.

Obscure cards. I enjoyed the weirder cards that were released that seemed wallpaper. Most were not usefull yes, but some of them encouraged to think outside the box. Take a balefull doll for example. It has a mediocre effect, but the timing is unique, so it makes you seache for the most exploitable effect. Combined with form of corruption, it becomes a lot stronger. So although i like thebrelease of the new sets, the didnt trigger me to really brainstorm for any exploitations, the use seems so obvious.

So thats about it. For now.

Have a cold long night,
Jeroen van Oort
Dutch National Coördinator

More
20 Jan 2017 19:44 #80312 by elotar

So, he was saying that perhaps first strike could be removed because it "sees game use in very few instances" and cited Canine Horde.

With something like First Strike, I can see the merit in eliminating it from the rulebook and changing the text of the cards that use it. ... The effect could be moved out of the rulebook and onto the cards.

I think maybe one of the reason of many "heated arguments" is that people doesn't read what is proposed carefully. ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds