file Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

28 Feb 2018 13:26 - 28 Feb 2018 15:21 #85468 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

You mean to static or stale?

To strange. Players can't evaluate them properly in reasonable time, so they drop real game strategy and go with something like "kill them asap"/"ignore them"/"just move forward" and random player who just collect their game win when table collapses or go full other way and start overthinking their moves so game just ends because of time limit.

Nature of our game demands as little as possible tolerance to such nonsense - when you got stupid game of MTG you lose 10 minutes, in VtES you lose 2 hours, after which you have a good chance to lose a fellow player as well.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 28 Feb 2018 15:21 by elotar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2018 05:03 #85477 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

after which you have a good chance to lose a fellow player as well.

Sorry to hear that. Here in Dallas, we may have a new player, and I can guarantee you that none of my veteran players will play imbued as to confuse the new player and therefore, "lose a fellow player."

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
01 Mar 2018 12:06 #85483 by TwoRazorReign

You mean to static or stale?

To strange. Players can't evaluate them properly in reasonable time, so they drop real game strategy and go with something like "kill them asap"/"ignore them"/"just move forward" and random player who just collect their game win when table collapses or go full other way and start overthinking their moves so game just ends because of time limit.

What you explain here is less a problem with the Imbued and more a problem with inexperienced players. The whole "kill/ignore" default strategy and the idea that the Imbued player can collapse the table/timeout a game is the players' fault for doing these things, not the Imbued. These things are not peculiar to imbued: people kill Malk 94 asap or completely ignore combat all the time, and "poorly" played rush deck can collapse a table.

More
01 Mar 2018 12:33 #85485 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?
For me thie biggest issue with imbued is the amount of additional rules they bring to the game just for them. Imbued are playing a game with different rules than others. It's probably the worst design I've seen in card and board games.
This game is already complicated which makes it very hard for new players to start playing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
01 Mar 2018 13:11 #85487 by LivesByProxy
I don't like the Imbued. Imbued set the precedent for "why not have Mages and Werewolves and Changelings and Wraiths etc as special crypt cards as well?" There were already ally cards that represented Hunters within VTES, why go out of the way to incorporate them as special crypt cards? I want my game about Vampires to be a game about Vampires - all the other Supernaturals are tangential. If I wanted a game where all the Supernaturals (and Hunters) were playable 'factions' I would beseech WW to make that game.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
01 Mar 2018 13:52 #85488 by TwoRazorReign

For me thie biggest issue with imbued is the amount of additional rules they bring to the game just for them. Imbued are playing a game with different rules than others. It's probably the worst design I've seen in card and board games.
This game is already complicated which makes it very hard for new players to start playing.

The biggest issue with Malk 94 is that it is so simple and boring. Should that be called bad design too? People play Imbued. Therefore, they are successful design.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds