file Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

26 Feb 2018 20:57 #85434 by narpassword
i mean, - by definition it IS a game of vtes.

Youre going to need reasoning beyond 'no true scottsman' ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2018 07:45 #85440 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

Actually until the NoR expansion it even wasn't a game of VtES "by definition". For me it's like "you should play this game naked with carrots in your rear hole" suddenly added to rulebook after 12 years of game history. You are free to think that by now it's the right way to play, but sorry, I (and, as i understand, many other playgroups across the world, as imbueds are universally not welcomed at the tables) am not with you on this.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
27 Feb 2018 18:48 #85454 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?
Don't diss it until you give it a try... ;)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Feb 2018 05:20 #85460 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

Actually until the NoR expansion it even wasn't a game of VtES "by definition". For me it's like "you should play this game naked with carrots in your rear hole" suddenly added to rulebook after 12 years of game history. You are free to think that by now it's the right way to play, but sorry, I (and, as i understand, many other playgroups across the world, as imbueds are universally not welcomed at the tables) am not with you on this.

In all honesty, I could careless how yours and other playgroups play Vtes, just don't infringe on mine by trying to control what cards my playgroup and I are allowed to play. Imbued are part of the game, please just accept it. I mean, your desire to remove imbued from the game is like, "you should play this game naked with carrots in your rear hole."

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ezra

More
28 Feb 2018 07:44 - 28 Feb 2018 07:45 #85462 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

Idea is not that there is no merit in them, just that appearance of imbued at the table changes game dynamic to state, which is not liked by the absolute majority of VtES players. Especially it's true for the new players, who even without them struggle to process what is happening.

I still think that new players are much more important to the health of the game than others.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 28 Feb 2018 07:45 by elotar.

More
28 Feb 2018 12:34 - 28 Feb 2018 12:35 #85467 by Bloodartist

Idea is not that there is no merit in them, just that appearance of imbued at the table changes game dynamic to state, which is not liked by the absolute majority of VtES players. Especially it's true for the new players, who even without them struggle to process what is happening.

I still think that new players are much more important to the health of the game than others.

You mean to static or stale? I think that when theres imbued at the table, too much time is wasted trying to figure out what the cards are capable of every turn (since they are impossible to remember, and situation changes every turn when new conviction cards are played). They really are the antithesis of dynamic play.

I think that IF a new version of the game would be created, I'd want to see imbued dropped as they are, or heavily revamped.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 28 Feb 2018 12:35 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds