file Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

01 Mar 2018 16:30 - 01 Mar 2018 16:32 #85490 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?

..."poorly" played rush deck can collapse a table.

Combat and bleed are key parts of the game - if you don't understand how you should play with it than you are really inexperienced.

Imbued are like 2% of decks pool with totally different rules, comparable with some obscure interceptor/trohomancy combos or smth like it. Knowledge of them is expert level, as well as mentioned earlier excessive mental capacity just to keep in mind abilities of each hunter and his present convictions and powers.

And you need all 4 non-imbued players on the table to be on such level, or stupidity will prevail.

It's totally not comparable with M94 or rush combat (except, maybe, tupdogs, which are also quite stupid, but it's just one card).

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 01 Mar 2018 16:32 by elotar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2018 16:42 - 01 Mar 2018 16:43 #85491 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?
I agree with both:

For me thie biggest issue with imbued is the amount of additional rules they bring to the game just for them. Imbued are playing a game with different rules than others. It's probably the worst design I've seen in card and board games.
This game is already complicated which makes it very hard for new players to start playing.

Combat and bleed are key parts of the game - if you don't understand how you should play with it than you are really inexperienced.

Imbued are like 2% of decks pool with totally different rules,

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 01 Mar 2018 16:43 by Ankha.

More
01 Mar 2018 17:07 - 01 Mar 2018 17:10 #85492 by TwoRazorReign

It's totally not comparable with M94 or rush combat (except, maybe, tupdogs, which are also quite stupid, but it's just one card).

So, like, it totally is. If I'm an inexperienced player, then Malk 94 is no different than an Imbued deck. It's all going to be complex and a lot to keep track of, because VTES is a game with a lot of complexity and moving parts. It's definitely the player's fault for not knowing how the Imbued deck works, same as it's the player's fault if they don't know how a Malk 94 deck works. There's a handy section of the rulebook devoted to Imbued, so there's really no excuse.
Last edit: 01 Mar 2018 17:10 by TwoRazorReign.

More
01 Mar 2018 17:34 #85493 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Imbuided - Dead or Alive?
Mwuhahahahahaha! They said it couldn't be done! They claimed that my theories were unsound, my math riddled with errors, my conclusions hopelessly naive! They laughed me out of the academy! But who's laughing now, eh? Who's laughing now?

My time machine, you see, it works! It works! Mere moments ago, I was alive in the year 2018, and now, I've traveled backward in time a full dozen years, to the year 2006! Spacetime itself has become my plaything!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade, self biased

More
01 Mar 2018 19:40 #85495 by narpassword
tbh as a new player (1.5 years), imbued give me a hard time.

but no more hard time than half of the other cards that our group discovers and plays for the first time.

or trap, which i still have to read 6-7 times when its played.
or nephandus, which i remember about 1/18 of its abilities.

More
01 Mar 2018 20:13 #85496 by self biased

Mwuhahahahahaha! They said it couldn't be done! They claimed that my theories were unsound, my math riddled with errors, my conclusions hopelessly naive! They laughed me out of the academy! But who's laughing now, eh? Who's laughing now?

My time machine, you see, it works! It works! Mere moments ago, I was alive in the year 2018, and now, I've traveled backward in time a full dozen years, to the year 2006! Spacetime itself has become my plaything!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds