file Number of VtES players

04 Sep 2019 13:24 - 04 Sep 2019 13:27 #96802 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Number of VtES players

Acutally We are making a First blood event for new player learn to play and it will finish with first blood only tournament.

Very nice. :) The Sababt precon events were a blast all around the world from what I heard as well.

I mean this is what should be done. Do whatever you need to get new peeps in and keep them invested locally.

The main game - the one we have largest tournaments in - is what it is. Not everything has to be that same thing locally.

Just remind everyone that bigger events with main rules are great fun as well. New people should definitely check them out, even if it might be a bit daunting. BCP decks are really good and viable.

Krausedit\\ This reminds me that the local university's season has just started - gotta get to printing those fliers and getting demo schedules ready!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 04 Sep 2019 13:27 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tadori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2019 13:31 #96803 by redwulfe
Replied by redwulfe on topic Number of VtES players

As far as rotation goes yes designing new cards in a large pool is a balancing nightmare but once again we are not asking for you to design new cards or change your game, we are asking for a limited format or for you to reprint old cards that are already in the game.

The reprinting strategy seems to be going pretty strong, even though there are a lot of cards still missing of course. The latest preconstructed decks are very high in tournament viability. A Finnish player, Esa-M M (you can see him playing Baali in 2018 Ropecon finals stream), won a 10 player tournament with a freshly cracked Parliament of Shadows deck in June and was inches away from winning another 15 player tournament last saturday with an untouched 25th Anniversary Stanislava.

Now that I really encouraging to know! I hope the power level of the Camarilla decks, not the first blood, that I heard were coming soon are as good this kinda of reprints that can just us into these tournament games are just the kinda thing that makes me want to keep jumping the hurdles to play this game more not less.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Tadori

More
04 Sep 2019 13:34 #96804 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Number of VtES players
Preach it mate! :)

Would love to hear more of your playgroup. Do you have a blog or a vlog or something?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
04 Sep 2019 14:06 - 04 Sep 2019 14:07 #96806 by redwulfe
Replied by redwulfe on topic Number of VtES players

Would love to hear more of your playgroup. Do you have a blog or a vlog or something?

Not yet, but I hope to do some videos for the game in the future maybe put it up on youtube or on a twitch stream. I played back before the game went to the VTES name but drop due to Life. We are a Regestered Student Organization on the University of Illinois campus who play Masquerade LARP and will be adding VTES to our pre-LARP activities. We choose it for the social aspect and since we are LARPers I think it would be fun to try and talk our way around things. The RSO is basically treating it like a board game we pull out and play before we LARP to get us in the right mindset before going into character. Since we own the material that the RSO will use we can control the relative power level of the decks and keep it from being to imbalanced once we learn were that balance point is.

Two of us however are also interested in the game at large and want to use this group to get some play time in we want to travel for tournaments as well as host them at my game store since we are in the central part of the country this may be usefull for others who don't mind traveling for events.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2019 14:07 by redwulfe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Ashur

More
04 Sep 2019 14:11 #96807 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Number of VtES players

Now that I really encouraging to know! I hope the power level of the Camarilla decks, not the first blood, that I heard were coming soon are as good this kinda of reprints that can just us into these tournament games are just the kinda thing that makes me want to keep jumping the hurdles to play this game more not less.

Both First Blood and the Camarilla decks are targeted to new players. I would guess this means more toolboxy designs that want to show off the various aspects of the game. We already know the First Blood deck lists and they are definitely in that category. This means that laser-focused decks (like the Sabbat starters) will be "better" out of the box for winning tournaments, but the other decks will be "better" out of the box for showing off gameplay mechanics.

From a long-time player standpoints, I would think toolbox decks would be more interesting to newer players. They can get a feel for the game and figure out what parts they like and don't like. Then, start focusing on those. I know many folks who don't like votes and will not play political decks or love Anarchs and almost always play them, etc.

Perhaps, Henrik can talk more about BCPs expectations for Camarilla decks, but my assumption is that they will not be as "good" (in terms of tournament-winning builds) as the Sabbat ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gab

More
04 Sep 2019 14:15 #96808 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Number of VtES players

We are a Regestered Student Organization on the University of Illinois campus who play Masquerade LARP and will be adding VTES to our pre-LARP activities.

I was in the pizza appreciate society at ohio state. We ate pizza with funding from the university.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds