file New, less predictable, format for tournaments?

29 Apr 2011 08:25 #3943 by Kraus

I don't quite get it. Nana 4 the win?

Why would she be extra good in this concept?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2011 13:11 #3949 by Joscha

How about a tourney like this:

1. Regular constructed rules apply.
2. In addition there is a vote at the end of each table were people can vote which deck they liked the most.

We tried this at the Storylinetournament about the Lambachstory (Eye of Hazimel and Lambach adv.). Although the votes given were for a special Coolest-Deck prize, not for the Game Win. People won't vote freely as extrala already mentioned.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
29 Apr 2011 14:47 #3953 by Kushiel

A few quick ideas:

VTES has enough rules to remember. Better to make format changes which affect deckbuilding or deck selection in some way so that you don't have to remember any more rules during play.

More
29 Apr 2011 15:39 #3954 by brandonsantacruz

A few quick ideas:

VTES has enough rules to remember. Better to make format changes which affect deckbuilding or deck selection in some way so that you don't have to remember any more rules during play.

Well, the ideas I came up with were in response to the OP's frustration with seeing the same tired cards all the time. Villein and only get half the blood for the same cost? Not so good. No gate or bat/crow chain combat? Stealth bleed won't be as effective if you can't bleed for much and/or run out of blood. Three deflections in hand? better have the wakes!

I would consider these factors as important to deck building. I'm not suggesting that I want to see them instituted, but it would mix it up if that's your game, so to speak....

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
29 Apr 2011 20:04 #3961 by Wedge

We don´t seem to get any new VTES cards, at least for a while. But what about a new, serious format for tournaments? I´m talking about a solid format that can be played alongside the normal one, permanent, indefinitely.

I´m bored of the same extreme, cheesy decks all the time. Ashur Tablets, Liquidation, Villein, imbued, the same combos, boring, monotomous deck archetypes over and over again, not seldom with 15+ copies of certain cards (earth meld, aid from bats, kindred spirits etc etc). Everything is so predictable, and it seems only a small fraction of the cards in the game ever see play.

I would like to play more tables that more are like limited format-tables, and less like "Aha, I´m betweeen deck archetype A and deck archetype B, I know how this will work out". I want more experiences like "You played a WHAT?!" and less experiences like "Oh, you play Villein and tap your Lilith´s Blessing AGAIN, *falls asleep of unexitement*".

Do anyone agree?

Wouldn´t it be nice with some kind of new format? I´m not exactly sure on what though, but something that makes decks more toolboxy and less predictable. I´m not sure, but maybe a banned/restricted list? Or a card limit? Or caps on certain "types" of cards in a single deck? (God knows how that would work though) Or some kind of semi-collective format, where you bring a 70 card deck plus 20 generic cards that any minion could play? (Wow, now I´m improvising! Better sign off...)

Any ideas?

Set up a League. Or a Storyline

More
30 Apr 2011 05:49 #3964 by elotar

I don't quite get it. Nana 4 the win?

Why would she be extra good in this concept?

It still got Liquidation/ashurs pool gain, and just two players, which vampires to torporize.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds