file New, less predictable, format for tournaments?

30 Apr 2011 10:27 #3969 by Kraus
She's also the instant table threat, and when decks are made for such a violent meta, I'd imagine Nana's going to get plenty of challenge with Potence, Celerity, or whatever combat people will throw up against her. Animalism combat is good, and ashurs and stuff, but I can't think of reasons for her to be any better than other things out there.

Well, whatever. I'm biased anyways, because I'm sick of 'x wins y' metagaming. I play VtES because that meta isn't there as much as in, say, almost anything else in CCGs. You actually play the game, not the meta, usually.

Maybe I read these forums too much then... :unsure:

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2011 04:05 #3981 by elotar

She's also the instant table threat, and when decks are made for such a violent meta, I'd imagine Nana's going to get plenty of challenge with Potence, Celerity, or whatever combat people will throw up against her. Animalism combat is good, and ashurs and stuff, but I can't think of reasons for her to be any better than other things out there.

Well, whatever. I'm biased anyways, because I'm sick of 'x wins y' metagaming. I play VtES because that meta isn't there as much as in, say, almost anything else in CCGs. You actually play the game, not the meta, usually.

Maybe I read these forums too much then... :unsure:

Meta is the funniest thing to play :)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
01 May 2011 10:11 #3985 by Kraus
Not in my opinion.

Moving on with the topic! :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
02 May 2011 07:32 #4004 by Ashur

Any ideas?

Set up a League. Or a Storyline

You don´t get it. I am talking about a format that everyone can use. That can be used all over the world.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
02 May 2011 08:39 #4007 by Izaak
And what makes you think people all over the world feel the need for a "less predictable" tournament format? I think you're fairly alone in your feeling that

I´m bored of the same extreme, cheesy decks all the time. Ashur Tablets, Liquidation, Villein, imbued, the same combos, boring, monotomous deck archetypes over and over again, not seldom with 15+ copies of certain cards (earth meld, aid from bats, kindred spirits etc etc). Everything is so predictable, and it seems only a small fraction of the cards in the game ever see play.

Last time I checked, new variants of archtypes win tournaments all over the place. In fact, Ralf even has a section of his Blog devoted to interesting decks that do well in a competitive environment.

If you're saying "I'm bored of bleed, combat, vote and masters" then maybe you're just bored with VTES?

More
02 May 2011 09:29 #4009 by Ashur

And what makes you think people all over the world feel the need for a "less predictable" tournament format?

I´ve talked to alot of people, all over the world. Many state they are bored of the predictable decks. Many say they like playing limited formats (draft etc) because you don´t always run into the same, strong cards and weird stuff happens.

I think you're fairly alone in your feeling that

I´m bored of the same extreme, cheesy decks all the time. Ashur Tablets, Liquidation, Villein, imbued, the same combos, boring, monotomous deck archetypes over and over again, not seldom with 15+ copies of certain cards (earth meld, aid from bats, kindred spirits etc etc). Everything is so predictable, and it seems only a small fraction of the cards in the game ever see play.

No, I am not alone.

Last time I checked, new variants of archtypes win tournaments all over the place. In fact, Ralf even has a section of his Blog devoted to interesting decks that do well in a competitive environment.

Sure, it´s always nice when something original do well. I haven´t said anything against that.

If you're saying "I'm bored of bleed, combat, vote and masters" then maybe you're just bored with VTES?

I have NOT said "I´m bored of bleed, combat, vote and masters". Where did you see me stating this?

I am not bored of VTES, in general. I am a bit bored of the same bleed, the same combat, the same vote and the same masters each and every game.

I think a new official/semi-official format would be good for the game as a whole.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds