file New, less predictable, format for tournaments?

02 May 2011 10:18 #4010 by Izaak

I´ve talked to alot of people, all over the world. Many state they are bored of the predictable decks. Many say they like playing limited formats (draft etc) because you don´t always run into the same, strong cards and weird stuff happens.

Then why aren't all these people from all over the world you talked to backing you up here?

There is a guy around here, who still lives with the delusion that VTES is better with a 4 card Limit. He refuses to try NCL (which -for the record- is perfectly fine with me) and is claiming that he has contact with hundreds of playgroups all over the world ignoring official rulings and playing 4CL games. At the moment your statement has about as much value as his.

If you have support, then SHOW that support and proof to the VEKN that there is a need for alternative tournament formats. Coming here and claiming we need them because (as per your original post) you are bored with Aid from Bats and Ashur Tablets is NOT a good way to move the VEKN to do something.

So far in 5 pages worth of discussion I've seen a handful of "we had this league for a while you should try it" type of answers. I have seen nobody come in here and say "Yeah man, constructed tournaments are dull, we need something new!".

There is no visible support.

And then still, if you don't like constructed, which is perfectly fine, you can choose not to play it. If you know "a lot of people" that are up for alternative formats, get them together and play with them. Use JOL? It's your cards and your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2011 10:45 - 02 May 2011 10:46 #4011 by er-principe
On a side, i'm all for new official tournament format
such as silence of death, warzone, shadow twin, as
that would ensure more variety and interest for the players,
and in fact i proposed this time ago.

On another side, i never would adopt card limit (intended as some max number of copies x card in a deck) as vtes has never been a ccg intended with that sort of card limit.

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
Last edit: 02 May 2011 10:46 by er-principe.

More
02 May 2011 11:26 #4012 by Ashur

I´ve talked to alot of people, all over the world. Many state they are bored of the predictable decks. Many say they like playing limited formats (draft etc) because you don´t always run into the same, strong cards and weird stuff happens.

Then why aren't all these people from all over the world you talked to backing you up here?

I have no idea. Maybe not alot of them care enough to write about it? I never claimed there is a strong global movement or anything like that. I don´t need statistics or poll results or something like that to state an opinion at a web forum and ask if other people there feel the same and has ideas.

There is a guy around here, who still lives with the delusion that VTES is better with a 4 card Limit. He refuses to try NCL (which -for the record- is perfectly fine with me) and is claiming that he has contact with hundreds of playgroups all over the world ignoring official rulings and playing 4CL games. At the moment your statement has about as much value as his.

I know a bunch of playgroups that play 4CL. It does not bother me.

If you have support, then SHOW that support and proof to the VEKN that there is a need for alternative tournament formats. Coming here and claiming we need them because (as per your original post) you are bored with Aid from Bats and Ashur Tablets is NOT a good way to move the VEKN to do something.

Again, I don´t need any backup to state my opinion.

So far in 5 pages worth of discussion I've seen a handful of "we had this league for a while you should try it" type of answers. I have seen nobody come in here and say "Yeah man, constructed tournaments are dull, we need something new!".

I think these 5 pages has been nice. Lots of nice formats have been suggested. I might try them out.

And then still, if you don't like constructed, which is perfectly fine, you can choose not to play it. If you know "a lot of people" that are up for alternative formats, get them together and play with them. Use JOL? It's your cards and your time.

Thanks for informing me that I´m not forced to play constructed VTES. You have been a real help.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
02 May 2011 12:34 - 02 May 2011 12:36 #4014 by Izaak

Again, I don´t need any backup to state my opinion.

To state your opinion, no you don't need any backup. You are however, not stating your opinion. If you would make a post saying "hey guys, I think constructud sucks so there!" then that'd be stating your opinion.

Instead you ask for a new tournament format:

But what about a new, serious format for tournaments? I´m talking about a solid format that can be played alongside the normal one, permanent, indefinitely.

Which is, again, fine if you'd actually provide the VEKN, to which you are suggesting this, with some reasons why that'd be a good idea other than you thinking constructed is boring.

Half a dozen people have suggested you set up a league to play under a new format to which you respond:

You don´t get it. I am talking about a format that everyone can use. That can be used all over the world.

How does others not using your league rules have any effect on your actual league? You got me puzzled there. Or is it about the marbles?

FYI, if you setup a league with cool rules and your playgroup loves it and thinks VTES is better that way, by all means feel free to share it so that everyone can try it. That'd be the proper way to go about it instead of making a thread "meh guys, tournaments suck, can we have new rules?"

Thanks for informing me that I´m not forced to play constructed VTES. You have been a real help.

Always glad to be of help. It seemed you didn't realize this.
Last edit: 02 May 2011 12:36 by Izaak.

More
02 May 2011 16:06 #4018 by Ashur
What is your problem dude? You don´t even try to understand me, and it seems you haven´t even read my posts. And it´s not worth "discussing" anything with you as long as you keep making up "quotations" of what I "say".

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
03 May 2011 02:32 #4033 by librarian

Dude, I counted at least 5, maybe 10 or more people make suggestions in this thread alone. That sounds like people backing him up? Are you threatened in some way by this idle contemplation of another format?

Wait - I'm confused, when did you get made the VEKN forum police? He posted a topic, we discuss it. Do we have to have proof to make a post here?

But really, I'm puzzled at your venom. I know there was a sniff of CL in the OP - and certainly card limits do tend to bring out the zealotry in our VTES population. But otherwise, they sound like interesting ideas.

Personally, I'd like Rapid Thought to have its own thread.

I think Rapid Thought needs more exposure as an alternative format. It's VTES, but it's not VTES, and it's fun, very fun.

By the way: "Yeah man, constructed tournaments seem to be pretty fun but I would love to play something new!". Consider that a vote in Ashur's favor.

Chris

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds